Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

IshouldCoco
Beginner September 2012

Decorating The Church...

IshouldCoco, 20 February, 2012 at 14:18 Posted on Planning 0 8

Inside I think I'll just order a few pull ribbons for pew ends and an arrangement of silk flowers for altar. The outside of our church is quite ugly though, it's nearly all concrete and parking immediately infront.

Do people decorate outside too?

What will you be doing inside/out? Who is doing it and when?

*Clueless*

8 replies

Latest activity by Vanilla Pod, 20 February, 2012 at 23:59
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I didn't decorate the church at all. They already had pedestals in place but the church looked dramatic enough to not really need anything else.

You could get some topiary trees to stand outside, maybe with organza ribbons on the trunks?

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

Lots of people decorate outside the church. As the other hitcher posted (sorry I missed your name!), topiary trees are always nice. You could use a garland around the door frame. You could also hire pedestals and have floral displays on them. Some people do balloons. There are lots of options! Are you having a florist? You could ask them for ideas.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

We are not decorating the church at all, inside or out. It's a beautiful church all by itself. Not even having any altar flowers or anything!!

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2220/2732430076_80af56e229_m.jpg There's two front doors and two short aisles...it's not exactly ideal, but it's where we go to church so it wouldn't really be anywhere else. I guess a garland is out then. I haven't a florist either, I'm making my bouquet and will order silk buttonholes and corsages online.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not decorating inside or outside the church, I feel it is a waste of money! Our church is quite lovely, not beautiful but I still don't feel the need to buy lots of flowers for it. They may even have some in there already.

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

I don't think its ugly at all - its not a classically English village olde worlde church, but its a very striking building!

Are they hand rails leading up to the doors? you could decorate them with greenery, tie ballons on, bunting, wrap ribbons around?

I don't thin it NEEDS decorating at all, but if you do decorate outside (or inside for that matter) I would try and do it in a way that ties in with the rest of the day ratehr than doing something just to decorate the ourside IYSWIM

Alternatively, I guess there is a foyer area once people are through the doors? could you decorate there?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I agree that a pedestal in the entrance foyer would be nice and another at the chancel steps. Double check with the vicar that he will allow artificial flowers on the altar or any flowers actually as quite often the altar is out of bounds for floral arrangements. Also worth checking that whatever is already on display in the church will match with your flowers too or the other way around.

• Flawless Weddings
    Flawless Weddings ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the topiary trees(usually bay trees) You can hire artificial or fresh and wire flowers onto them(fresh or artificial) and tie organza around the bottom....

If you have a willing family member, they can remove the trees and whisk them off to your venue to stand at an entrance there!

The same can be done with a pedestal etc........?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We decorated ours inside and out, we did the inside the night before, we had white roses on the lectern, 3 big flower arrangements, one at the end of each side aisle and one behind the altar up high, a smaller one inside a birdcage which was white roses and candles, with a love sign and a music stand with our exit song sheet music on ( all you need is love) with roses wound around the stand. My husbands Mum made most of the decorations herself apart from the bigger arrangement behind the priests head which the florist did! We also had ivory tulle bows at the end of every pew.

Outside we had a branchy tree kinda thing with white roses on (noticing a theme?) and silver love signs hanging from it, this was near our refreshments table which also had a sign in our colours I made on vista print.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics