Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kelly17687
Beginner May 2016

Decorating Venue with Own Stuff

kelly17687, 13 of May of 2015 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all, Sorry if this is a stupid question but…who decorates your venue room for you?

I mean, I know obviously if you hire chair covers etc, the company will do that for you. But I mean like your table bits if you have made them/little bits and pieces like that etc? I would think maybe the venue do it, but how do they know to do exactly what you imagined?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 13 of May of 2015 at 19:38
  • halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to ask the venue.

Our venue did it for us. Basically i did a 'mock table' and sent them a photo of that together with a note in case it wasn't clear.

They did a great job.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Ditto. Our venue did it and did a fantastic job.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for checking with your venue - ours will do ours...you can either just turn up with all your decorations and let them sort it out, give them step by step to the last square cm on where you want things, or anywhere inbetween - theyre really good. We'll give them some photos and written instructions on where we'd like certain things, and then theres a few bits just to leave up to them. Our florist will be doing all the jar/bottle centrepieces, but again it'll be the venue that actually puts them where we've asked. They also said if we wanted and there was no wedding the day before we could ahve gone ourselves to do it/help them do it, but thats not an option for us as there is another wedding on.

They'll soon let you know how they work it Smiley smile

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Our was a combination of venue and florist oddly. the florist asked us to drop all the table stuff to them and they did it on the day, and the venue did everything else such as card table, sweetie table and lego table etc

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone I'll speak to my venue. The a Wedding isn't until next year it was just one of these things that popped in to my head at work bad I knew you all would keep me right Smiley smile xx

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

At my first wedding, I boxed everything up (one box per table), with instructions, and the venue set it up for me. This time, each of my centerpieces will be very different and I'll want them set up in a particular way, so I plan on staying at the venue the night before and setting up myself with the bridesmaids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics