Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2011

Decorations - Free Standing Letters....Help needed.

laura2107, 19 January, 2011 at 14:04 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy some free standing letters for my wedding reception. I thought it would add a nice touch and also as something that I can keep after.

Here is a pic of what I am looking for, well something like this in either Silver, Ivory or White....

Does anyone know where I can get these from that are not too expensive? I have found a great website with loads on (Not on the highstreet, its called) but its £11 per letter to that works out to £66 and I dont really have that much left to spend on room decorations.

Any ideas or places would help!

Thank you!! x

19 replies

Latest activity by c-ross, 2 March, 2011 at 13:42
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure I've seen them in Hobbycraft although I can't find the link in their online store.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

There are loads on ebay... search for "freestanding wooden letters".

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Would confirm - loads on ebay xx

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

You may find them in just plain wood though, but a can of spray paint from Halfords will be easy enough to colour them into whatever colour you wish.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MR-MRS-Wooden-Letters-Freestanding-/280608666367?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item41559472ff £14 inc p&p plain wood Smiley smile

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Yup someone else asked a similier question not too long ago...and the result was ...as seems to be always the case recently..lol Try Ebay.

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

I came across this Mr + Mrs sign, they aren't individually free standing but a great price though...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Mine are freestanding, but only about an inch thick, so they wouldn't stack ontop of each other.

They cost me £15 including P&P for "Mr & Mrs" including delivery from this seller on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/thedecorativelettercompany

I've then got some white paint to paint them.

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

I just bought some off ebay at the weekend, i've paid 28 for 12 letters and that includes postage.......they arn't just flat letter either they have a slight curve to them Smiley smile

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Hey ive seen a few on ebay. I did buy mine on 'notonthehighstreet.com' for £18 but not like the ones u posted. These are mine:

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    laura2107 ·
    • Hide content

I did try Hobbycraft but they didnt have many and had none out the back so i looked on their site and couldnt find it.

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    laura2107 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Everyone for helping me! I am at work and ebay is blocked here Smiley sad , but the minute i get home im going to do some searching! Smiley smile

It seems Ebay is best for everything!!! I dont mind if they sit side by side or you can stack them, I just really like the idea of having them at our wedding and keeping them after.

Thank you all loads for your help!!!! Much appreciated!!

?

Laura xxx

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content
  • SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I've order this from folksy

https://folksy.com/items/1261817-Wooden-LOVE-20cm-high?shop=yes

It's MDF so we'll be able to paint it whatever colour we fancy. I think they sell individual letters too in the same shop. It also might be worth asking your florist? My friend had lovely glass letter to spell love when she got married last year which her florist ordered for her.

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    laura2107 ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh i love this one...and the idea of chosing my own colour. Do you mind if i ask how much it was? most seem to be per letter but I love how this is joint together. Is it thick enough to stand on its own?

Thank you Samsam!!!! Smiley smile

xxx

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad you like it!

It was £10 including postage. I've not received it yet (only ordered yesterday) but it's just under 2 cm thick so should stand on its own. If you wanted to confirm before you ordered, you can contact the seller directly via folksy. I'm really looking forward to getting it ?

• H
    Beginner July 2011
    heywood2be ·
    • Hide content

Mine were from ebay too

i bought my individually , as i noticed that getting Mr & Mrs were a lil more expensive ( think the

whole wedding title boosted the price up as usual )

mine are free standing , chunky and 10cm in height , you just need to paint them whatever colour an cost me £7.80 inc p&p = they were bought on my FIL2B's ebay though so cant post the seller at the moment

but im sure youll find some bargain ones on there

good luck

x

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    laura2107 ·
    • Hide content

Wow £10 is really good!!! Especially as most sites are per letter and I think its definitley more because its a wedding title. I find that anything which includes the word Wedding makes the price increase!! I will def look into that when I get home from work Smiley smile

Thanks everyone for your help, the H2B is out tonight so I will get my nice fix of shopping for my wedding bits ?

xxx

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

A little more pricey but for individual letters google Johny's Sister - letters £5.99 each

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    laura2107 ·
    • Hide content

Ooohhh I will do that now, thanks!!

Smiley smile xx

• C
    Beginner
    c-ross ·
    • Hide content

A small company called Love Letters (www.lovelettersdirect.weebly.com) do exactly this – freestanding wooden letters – I found them much cheaper than notonthehighstreet, Posh Graffitt (£11 a letter) etc. – from just £4 a letter

They handpaint them in any colour you wish, bespoke so can be personalised etc.

Less hassle than ebay – no need for – primer – undercoat – topcoat – mess! And in my case a dreadful finish!

They now do personalised wedding signs too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics