Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Beginner June 2024 Devon

Decorations on a budget

Abbie, 15 of May of 2023 at 13:30 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi all
I’m on a really tight budget and I can’t afford to decorate my venue with flowers as even silk flowers are costing a bomb. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to decorate my venue cheaply!
I need to decorate my aisle, the arch at the end, my tables and cartwheels hanging from the ceiling. I have looked at fake flowers but they seem to be costing similar amounts.

3 replies

Latest activity by Dee, 17 of May of 2023 at 15:15
  • Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

Fairy lights and candles are always a good option.

My cousin had glass fish bowls with floating candles as her centre pieces, with some grass reeds around the inside of the bowl.

We are looking at fairy lights in old glass bottles for our tables. It can double up as the table number!

Or you could always put a few stems in glass bottles on the table. Still a flower display, but paired back. Maybe check charity shops for some small glasses/bottles.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Abbie,

As we only have a small venue capacity of 50 people, we've bought small vases for the tables and will put in a few fresh cut flowers from supermarket in each vase. I've also bought some cheap bottles and fairy lights to insert into the bottles for the tables. You can always save your old wine bottles for this.

• D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    You can collect glass bottles (drinks and sauce bottles) and then spray paint them. And they only need a couple of fake stems in each. I did this for my friends wedding and painted them gold as table centrepieces. Then got some fake ivy from eBay which we used as table runners and also for the aisle decoration with tea lights

You can also make the arch for the alter by buying a cheap arch frame (around £20 if you have a Google) and then add a fabric drape. If you want to add vines or fairly lights too that wouldn’t cost much. Pinterest will have loads of ideas!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics