Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Duane
Beginner October 2024 Cheshire

Decree absolute legalised

Duane, 6 of February of 2024 at 06:01 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3
Hi.. we're getting married in Greece in October. The authorities need legalised copies of our decree absolutes. Ours only have a black stamp so need legalising (which I alalready thought were legal documents).
A notary would like to charge us £750 for getting this done!!!!!
Can we get this done ourselves?We have downloaded some D180 forms but we're not 100 percent these will result in fully legalised returns.Has anyone else had a similar experience or solution?We simply cannot afford this extra cost.Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Latest activity by James, 8 of February of 2024 at 10:04
  • A
    Beginner May 2024 South West London
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Duane,

I’m getting married in Italy and we have had to have similar documents legalised (Certificate of No Impediments and Statutory Declarations, not Decree Absolutes). The Certificates of No Impediment we got from our local registry office and for the Statutory Declarations we filled them in ourselves and had a local high street solicitor witness and sign them costing just £20 (£10 per document). We then sent off all 4 documents to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Legalisation Office to be legalised costing £180 (£45 per document) plus courier fees.
    See if a local solicitor is able to help and the FCDO website has a drop down menu of documents it will legalise for you.
    It might be different in Greece but I hope this helps!
  • Duane
    Beginner October 2024 Cheshire
    Duane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou... I'll have a look right away.
  • J
    Beginner July 2024 Monmouthshire
    James ·
    • Hide content

Hii How are you?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics