Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

EAC13
Beginner June 2013

Deep Teal Wedding Colous

EAC13, 13 October, 2012 at 18:59 Posted on Planning 0 8

Seem to be struggling with accessories (flowers, invites etc etc) to go with deep teal bridesmaids dresses...please help! x

8 replies

Latest activity by FMG, 16 October, 2012 at 08:33
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Trying to match 'teals' is quite a challenge and I'm sure all the brides on here who've had teal will vouch for this! Teal is a colour which means different things to different people..some people class teal as aqua, turquoise, petrol blue, or many differing shades of blue. I've done quite a few 'teal' weddings and I can honestly say that when I've received a sample from each Bride, no two shades have been the same!

As far as flowers go, there are no 'teal' coloured flowers in the natural world so if you want to go for fresh flowers then the only way you could add teal is by way of diamante, feathers, ribbon etc. Although there are teal artificial flowers, to be honest, they don't look too good. Most of them are quite harsh looking, look fairly unnatural and lack any depth of shading so appear very 'flat' in bouquets and cold looking.

The easiest and, professionally speaking, I think the way which looks much nicer on photos, is to go for a contrasting colour rather than trying to match. Colours which go well with all shades of 'teal' are hot pink, raspberry pink, peach, deep orange, purples with electric blues added, lemons and yellows. Here's a few I've done which were all 'teal' weddings!

• EAC13
    Beginner June 2013
    EAC13 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I was thinking that I quite liked the idea of a silver with it. I love the idea of hot pink but it would totally clash with the kilts. The flowers in the bottom left are lovely, it's this deep teal that we're going for x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

As rainbow florist says, teal means something different to everyone. Despite my avatar name, I ended up with emerald green as found too many 'teals' were available. Soem of the above pics I'd call aqua or blue!

For invites, I think you will struggle to find actual card in a dark teal colour. I'd go for white or cream than add a dark teal ribbon, feather, emeblishment etc. I used this company https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/ for our invites. You can have them finished, or just buy the card/paper/pocketfold etc from them & decorate yourself.

Not sure what type/shape of invite you want, but I did find these. To me the colour 'racing' looks like a dark teal.https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/colorplan-270gsm-pocketfold-bases.html. This style of invite has a colour 'teal'. https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/centura-pearl-cheque-book-covers.html. PDA have a massive range so you need to work out what style of invite first, what colours, paper type etc then go searching.

My centrepieces were tall vases with a small, waterproof light in the bottom, then the vase was filled with a powder that is mixed with water to make a gel that looks like ice in the vase. The lights are called floralytes & the gel is called crystal accents. Both these come in a teal colour, although I'd only use one or the other in a coloured version, not both.

There are dyed orchids which come in a purply/teal colour. Those could be incorporated into a bouquet, but agree that a contrasting colour like pink would go well.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I went for Petrol Blue as I loved the colour and it went well with all my BM's complexions. When it came to invites I got stuck nothing matched the colour. So we introduced Silver and my dress was Ivory so my invites become Opalescent Card with Ivory ribbon. The flowers for the bouquets were all Ivory/cream and in the table centres we introduced Blue tonned thistles to bring in the colour the baases were Martini glasses with silver organza to cover the trays the flowerrs were in. |We had silver ribbon on the favour boxes and teal organza chair covers and runners, it all sounds miss matched now but was stunning on the day.

My biggest frustration thoughtout the whole planning process was trying to match the colour. The cake lady did an excellant job matching the icing flowers on the cake and we had silver butterflies. I would day that the 'teal' colours are so stricking you don't need a lot of it. Sorry can't flash anything as I've not had my photo's back yet.

Good luck !

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm having teal and having the exact same problems! As the others have said, the most frustrating thing is that everyone has a different idea of what teal is!

x

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

As said, everyone version of these colours can differ - you just have to google "teal" to see all the colours that come up.

A button bouquet can be matched to all shades as buttons do come in a myriad of colours if that was something to consider.

• katielou87
    Beginner April 2012
    katielou87 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We had Teal as our colour for pur wedding.

My advise is try not to worry too much about each different teal element matching -It is almost impossible, there are so many different variants of it!

Here are some other random pics - Favours and sweetie table sweets!

Hope this helps!! Good luck!! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    maple ·
    • Hide content

Can go with silver or cream colour, as teal is always match with those colours

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    FMG ·
    • Hide content

Katielou87 I really want sticks of rock in the same colours as you have in that photo but all the personalised ones seem quite expensive (around the £260 mark) can I please ask where you got yours from and how much they were? Thanks X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics