Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Defrosting Raw Prawns

Rod, 7 February, 2013 at 16:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

I am making a thai curry tonight using some frozen raw king prawns I bought.

I forgot to take them out of the freezer this morning, so am I ok to defrost them in the sink under running water?

Thanks in advance!

13 replies

Latest activity by Superdia, yesterday at 23:18
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Yea put them in a bowl of warm water for an hour and they should be ok I would imagine...

    • Reply
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    I run mine under a cold tap and they defrost within a minute or two.

    • Reply
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Yea I was planning to run them under the tap. And obv will cook them completley through. mmmm thai prawn curry...yum.

    • Reply
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Yeah, that's what we do.

    • Reply
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Yeah run them under the tap they'll be fine. Just as an aside, my SIL was told she couldn't eat shellfish while pregnant

    • Reply
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    I've been told its fine as long as its completely cooked through, Holey. That seems to be the general idea.

    • Reply
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Report
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

    Sorry, I didn't want to seem like I was teaching you to suck eggs!

    • Reply
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Ha dont be silly! There is so much conflicting advice out there!

    And to be fair, I've already given up Pate, Rare Meat and Alcohol, I'll be damned if I'm giving up prawns!!

    I have avoided anything that tastes best undercooked, I'd rather not eat a scallop that eat an overcooked one. Prawns are less rubbery!

    • Reply
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Report
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

    Good idea I think. My sis said the worst thing is almost being told you CAN'T eat that because it makes you want it even more. A girl I work with has been told to avoid nuts whilst shes pregnant but I thought that one had gone out and they'd decided it was ok! I know my Sis and SILs were both told nuts were ok, how are you ever supposed to know!

    • Reply
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    I think the nut thing was always in case the baby is allergic. I've had peanut butter and been fine.

    i reckon as long as you're careful and sensible about food choices it's fine, if I didn't eat anything that someone once said you shouldn't I would starve!

    • Reply
  • ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    I worked in a kitchen, making prawn salads, and we ran them under the tap, so you'll be fine.

    As for the nut thing, I think now it's OK to eat them, aslong as there are no nut allergies in your family.

    • Reply
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    Thanks everyone the curry was lovely! I'm now in bed, at 21.18. Rock and roll.

    • Reply
  • Superdia
    Curious July 2027 East Central London
    Superdia ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    A good scientific calculator online can be especially helpful for students working on algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus problems. Having essential scientific functions available in one place makes studying and solving equations more convenient read more .

    • Reply
  • Superdia
    Curious July 2027 East Central London
    Superdia ·
    • Report
    • Hide content

    If you enjoy keeping up with TikTok content, a TikTok Story Viewer Online can offer another convenient way to explore available stories. It can be especially useful when users prefer accessing content through a web-based tool visit hare https://ttstoryviewer.io/.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

General groups

Hitched article topics