Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sian
Beginner September 2025 Kent

Delaying the wedding date 😭

Sian, 10 October, 2023 at 06:54 Posted on Planning 0 2
We might have to delay the wedding due to affordability to the following year. We are supposed to get married next September but now are thinking of doing it in 2025. I really would still love to get married next year but deep down I have that gut feeling it won't happen on 2024.

This is making me feel down as for 10 months now we have had this date booked. Had anyone else done this and was you okay with it. What are venue terms usually for moving yhr date. I haven't spoke to our venue yet.

2 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 December, 2023 at 20:50
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You'll need to check your paperwork - the contract will probably specify fees for any alterations.

Can you stick to your original date and just simplify? So much of what we are told is 'essential' for weddings really isn't! So if you really don't want to wait another year, it might be worth looking at ways and means of cutting costs. Hitched has loads of articles on getting married on a low budget, and there are also a few budget brides on this forum, so do ask for advice if you decide to go down this route.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Do you have any alternative options to make it possible?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics