Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little Madam
Beginner

Denby dining set

Little Madam, 22 March, 2011 at 13:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

Anyone ever had one?

Is it worth the investment?

Random pondering - but I think I need one!!

11 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 6 April, 2011 at 11:58
  • Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

We've got one but it was given to us by my mum. She ended up with two and I can't remember how. We don't keep it for best and use it all the time. Not sure I would've paid for it though.

Nobody walks in and goes ooh look at your Denby. Not one person has commented on it.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Wow your lucky Mom!

They have got a 12 piece one at Tesco at the moment for about £70 which isn't too bad, and there is one in the debenhams sale for £130 so I am considering it.

We aren't really a "keep for best" type of couple, so far we've gone with the motto of buying quality and having it last - so for saucepans, pots, cutlery etc but just not so sure about the Dinner set as the nature of it means it could break so easy!

• W
    Beginner September 2007
    Winnie75 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We have a collection of Denby which was started for us by my Grandma before we got married. We added to it for Wedding gifts. The majority of the items we have however are seconds (but you can't tell!). If you look on their website they have factory shops which sell the seconds for cheaper prices. Most of the seconds only have silly tiny things wrong with them and some you cant even see why they would be seconds. HTH x

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

We're really not careful with it. Bash it in and out of the dishwasher etc and there are no chunks missing. We've got loads of serving dishes which are handy for big family meals etc.

If you really want one I would get it.

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

We got Denby plates/bowls etc with our wedding vouchers, I like them and would say get them if you want them. They seem hard wearing and look nice which is pretty much all I want in a plate lol! Hoping they are a good investment.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I hope they will last - The tesco ones are very good value, might have another peek now.

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

We have a denby set. It is very hard wearing and has been used daily but still looks as good as the day we bought it (over 5 years ago). I know it can be expenise but I think iit is worth the money x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It depends what you're after. Like most brands, there are various levels of quality within the parameters. You could have an every day set or something much more expensive and grand. Depends on what you want it for.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'd just want it for everyday use.

I am expecting to be moving around the country lots so the idea of packing up a very expensive dinner service set really doesn't appeal, and TBH we won't be doing what i'd consider to be a lot of posh entertaining - we'd just go out for dinner.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Well - I did it!

Just purchased it, half price in the sale!! ?

Times must be changing as I am actually excited to see it!!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Did you get Denby in the end? What colour?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Yep - I got 2 sets of the Everyday white which I'm just waiting to arrive now.

I am so overly excited considering it's a few plates, cups and bowls.!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics