Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

excitedbee
Beginner February 2011

Desperately need inspiration for best man gifts.....

excitedbee, 15 February, 2011 at 21:56 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all,

We're really stuck on what to get the best men (we have 2) as thank you gifts, looking to spend around £60 each and don't want to get cufflinks, tankards, hipflask etc. did think about getting them a gift experience voucher for paintballing, bungee jump, go karting etc but wondered if this is a bit impersonal and also my OH was best man for our Best man (keeping up?) and they did something similar so is rather un-original if we do it too. Help please....

10 replies

Latest activity by excitedbee, 16 February, 2011 at 19:31
  • TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

We bought all groomsmen engraved pocket watches with our wedding date and their role at the wedding. They went down really well.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Ours are keeping the shirt and tie that we have bought them to wear on the day, which together have come to about £60. Though that probably doesn't help you much!

How about tickets to a sporting event?

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

My OH is arranging for him and his BM to go and watch Rangers v Celtic at the next available opportunity after our wedding - I think it's gonna be expensive but something they've talked about doing since they were kids.

Is there anything they've always wanted to do, or have that you could arrange for them?

Could you get them a voucher for their favourite restaurant or something like that? It's tricky with men isn't it, it needs to be a good gift to reflect the amount they put into the wedding, but they're so hard to buy for!!

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

We got ours this

Its shares in the playboy company, and its on sale just now, they r genuine shaqres, you just have 2 register them heres the link

http://shop.confetti.co.uk/product/playboy-share/69654/ our best man is 19 though so he will love it, not everyones cup of tea.

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are your OH and his friend celtic or rangers fans? The tickets arent actually that expensive. x

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I do these little bespoke pictures. The colours can be changed to match the colours they wear onthe day & they can also be personalised with a message of your choice.

I have them on offer for february & if you are wanting 2 thenI can discount them further.

let me know if I can help at all

Debbie

x

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Our best man is just getting serious about photography as a hobby so I was thinking that we could possibly get him a new piece of kit, maybe a lens or something.....though I think he would like tickets to a sporting event too, so thanks for that idea!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're both Bradford fans lol we live in Leeds so OH is going to book one of the trips through Thomas cook sport (one of his friends works for them) - the trips start at £79 each for one of the less popular matches, and it includes transport, hotel, game and stadium tour, so it's not a bad little package.

They've both just always really wanted to go to an Old Firm match and now that they're nearly 30 have decided to start making their football dreams come true lol they even went to South Africa for 3 weeks last year for the world cup!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Our BM is getting one of these http://www.sacredspiritscompany.com/gin-blending-kits/

• excitedbee
    Beginner February 2011
    excitedbee ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! One of them is very into his guitars so this is a great idea, thank you!!

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics