Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

AnnaBanana
Beginner July 2007

dessert ideas for a buffet

AnnaBanana, 16 of June of 2009 at 09:32 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

I posted a few days ago saying I am preparing a suprise party for my parent's 30th anniv, and we've got about 20-25 people coming. the buffet will be mainly breads, cheese, cold cuts, salad, pate and dips etc. However I can't think of any exciting dessert-y bits, only thought of chocolate covered strawberries! This will be on 25th July so something "summery".

Any ideas appreciated - my brain is all buffeted out!

TIA

10 replies

Latest activity by AnnaBanana, 16 of June of 2009 at 10:56
  • Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm trying a recipe out on my parents on Sunday that I got from Nigella.com yesterday, it's lemon curd cheesecake - nice and summery.

Delia's Key Lime Pie is nice and fresh. Eton Mess? Meringue nests and just put out the strawberries and double cream?

• S
    spinster chick ·
    • Hide content

Eton Mess

Choc Brownies

Cupcakes

Fruit salad

• Sunset21
    Beginner
    Sunset21 ·
    • Hide content

Just thought, you probably want finger foods don't you?

What about having a choc. fountain and doing fruit kebabs or is that a no no these days?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

How about sweetened puff pastry triangles (or any shape ?) , sliced in half and filled with white chocolate cream and strawberries. Yummy, no spoons needed and can be prepared in advance. Let me try to find the recipe for you.

How some sort of brownie? (with nuts ?) Would that be desserty enough?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

Damn, it's not on the website (it was in Good Food Magazine a few years ago) but it is lovely.

You cut the puff pastry into shapes, cover with icing sugar and bake. Then you mix white chocolate with the double cream and put inside the sliced pastry along with some strawberries. I made it for a dinner party and it went down very well.

Mini pavlovas are a good idea or you could to banoffee tartlets.

• Hitched in Paris
    Beginner June 2008
    Hitched in Paris ·
    • Hide content

Get someone to make and ice a cake. You could have a cutting ceremony like they would / might have had at their wedding. Even better if you have any pics of their original cake (you only have to do one tier!)

• Hepburn
    Beginner August 2008
  • AnnaBanana
    Beginner July 2007
    AnnaBanana ·
    • Hide content

Oooh thanks ladies, I knew I could count on you ?

mini pav's look awesome, and I have a kick a** brownie recipe - plus the choc strawberries, would that be enough? maybe some fresh fruit slices?

• Hepburn
    Beginner August 2008
    Hepburn ·
    • Hide content

Are there any children going? If so choc cornflake or rice crispie cakes may be a good idea?

Otheriwse I think that's plenty!

x

• AnnaBanana
    Beginner July 2007
    AnnaBanana ·
    • Hide content

No kids!

i thought I could make fruit kebabs and stick them on a pineapple (for display) or hollow out a watermelon and put the salad in there just to be different (and make my life difficult ?)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics