Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lil_kel
Beginner September 2013

dessy bridesmaid dress alternative?

lil_kel, 17 August, 2010 at 12:44 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi everyone,

I asked my BM's to have a look for a dress that they all like and have came back with the same one, Only problem is that its £195 and i have 4 BM's and a flowergirl! So im looking for something that looks the same but a cheaper version.

Any help would be fab!

/bridesmaid-dresses/dessy/

Kelly xx

15 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 17 August, 2010 at 16:52
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Shop around! My bridesmaids wore Dessy (/bridesmaid-dresses/dessy/) and ours cost £153. I rang around and other shops were charging up to £195!

Same happened with my dress when I was a bridesmaid. We'd seen it in one shop for £150 ish and in the shop we bought it from was only £103!

Where are you? If you're near Reading then I'd recommend the place we went - they seemed to be the cheapest I could find! Luckily for us they were the nearest too.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Could I have your Reading recommendation, please, GB?

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

I would shop around, call different shops. My bridesmaid dresses are Dessy too. They are the ones below and are £175 - I am getting them from Bride to be in Reading, they are fantastic and have a big range.

I am having 4 bridesmaid too and right at the start I asked if the girls would be happy to pay for their own dresses and I would pay all other costs, they all agreed without question as the dress is something they can wear again

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Good choice i have been looking at that one too! and didnt know how much it cost so that has given me the heads up. Dont worry about it and if im being honest i wouldnt order your BM's dresses yet, you have over 3 years to go! Girls can change shape an awful lot in 3 years! lol

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually would second this and not order them yet, a lot can change/happen in 3 years. People can change shape, get pregnant etc. I'd hold off until nearer the time also.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Also a cheeky bump for GB's Reading recommendation!

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I third this! Hehe! I've read so many threads where bridesmaids have put on weight/lost weight/gotten pregnant or fallen out with Bride and Groom that I would wait until at least a year before to order.

Lovely dresses though x

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got mine in Reading hun, from Bride to be x

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.dresssale.co.uk/

have a look at that site - not sure if the dress you posted will be on there but something similar might be and its a LOT cheaper. xx

• lil_kel
    Beginner September 2013
    lil_kel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice guys!

Im up in Newcastle.

Were just trying to be as organised as possible as we both have VERY busy hectic lives so dont want to leave the decision making till the last 6/12 months as it just wont be doable for us although i do understand what your all saying about dress sizes etc.

Kelly xx

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya! No problemo - I got them from Bride to Be in the Broad St Mall in Reading. They were certainly the cheapest when I was a bridesmaid in 2008 and again for my maids this year. I called around to see if I could find them cheaper (around the North East - where i'm from and around Bristol where we got married - as well as round the South) and they were the cheapest by miles.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Belinda and GB. I've emailed them about it and will see what they come back with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics