Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BlossomJ
Beginner July 2014

Dessy bridesmaid dress prices

BlossomJ, 10 of January of 2014 at 14:24 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hiya,

I've done a quick search of the forum and can't seem to find anything on this really!

Just wondering if anyone had a price list, or even an idea of what the Dessy BM dresses cost?

They seem to be the only place that do a good selection of sage green or lilac dresses and I have 2 very different shaped BMs so need same colour, different style really!

TIA x

14 replies

Latest activity by rainforest7sparkle, 13 of January of 2014 at 16:36
  • PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

From when I was looking they were priced between £120-£180 way over budget for me considering I needed 4!

i ended up ordering sage green dresses online from china.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've budgeted £300 for 2 - might be do-able then... thank you!

I would go the China route as I got myself a lovely ball dress from there, but the colour was different than pictured and with needing 2 styles I want the colour to be the same, and would worry that between the styles the colour would also vary!

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

Are you looking at long or short dresses? I'm having long ones, 4 different ones and they average around £200 each. Make sure to shop around as one shop quoted me £100 than another shop! They are expensive but they are good quality and there so much choice in style and colour

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both really, haven't tried anything on yet with them!

That's why I'd like to know the RRP! That's so bad, will have to check out a few or even just call up a few once I've chosen the style

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

the company I ordered from make sure the dresses are made from the same roll of fabric thankfully! They even made me give the the code on the sample I receive to ensure it matches with that! Not received the dresses yet though so who knows what I will get! Either way the bridesmaids will be wearing them!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo that's really good - were they on ebay or just a normal website?

• P
    Beginner October 2014
    PurpleParsnip ·
    • Hide content

My BM's are wearing long Dessy dresses and were £240 each (much more than I budgeted ? ) BUT they gave me one free as I got my dress from the same shop. The short ones started from £125 I think.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

BlossomJ I had two long Dessy dresses and a maternity one and they cost me just shy of £500 for the three. Think the long ones were about £180 and the maternity one about £120. Maternity one was knee length.

They are brilliant quality and they have so much choice on style, that's why I went for them as I was trying to find dresses for a 14 year old, 33 year old and a pregnant 30 year old so thought I'd struggle to find anything on the high street

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I have my 39 year old sister who is big-boobed and curvy and then my 28 year old SIL2B who has small boobs and isn't curvy at all!
    I messaged a stockist and the ones I like are £250 each ☹️
    The twist and wrap dress is £112 though on the Dessy site so may go for that as a back up plan - anyone else had these?
    Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get much discount just for 2 dresses!

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Mine are costing £214 each with discount!! Dessy have so many colours to choose from and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the colour I want on the high street. If you do decide to go with dessy, there is a website called weddington way and you can order free colour swatches which are handy for matching things up

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

The twist and wrap dresses aren't too flattering for larger breasted women, in my opinion. I bought both of my dessy dresses from Preloved, one was new with tags for £70 and I bought another 2 for £100. I need to have one dry cleaned but it's still going to be cheaper.

https://www.preloved.co.uk/classifieds/marriage/wedding-clothes-bridal-wear?archivedAdvert=true

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

£224 from a local bridal store.

Ordered matching ties and hankerchiefs straight from dessy online usa store with free delivery on everything with code and worked out cheaper than the local store x

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

I was quoted £215-£250 for a variety of styles.

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

I recently ordered one of these

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/2852/?color=burgundy&colorid=8#.UtFy__RdXOM

it was £210, but I got 10% (so really £189) off as it was from the same pace I ordered my dress. I think the shop I am using is a bit on the pricey side but they are close and v. easy to get to & the ladies are lovely.

I have ordered extra bits (shoes, pashminas, swatches) directly from Dessy, without any hitches and really quick delivery (very pleased with products). BUT remember if you are ordering shoes - it's american sizes... AND look for codes on the website for free delivery - I got free delivery both times. If it's not free then it ends up being extortionate. Rather infuriatingly I couldn't find sashes on their website. So had to fork out £42 for one of those bad boys which counteracted the amazing saving on my ballet flats for when my feet get tired.

• R
    Beginner March 2014
    rainforest7sparkle ·
    • Hide content

I have bought two full length dresses for £230 each. They are beautiful though and as others have said there is a wide range of colours so you should be able to get exactly what you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics