Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsSoonToBeD
Beginner September 2016

Dessy Bridesmaid Dresses - Shades of Pink

MrsSoonToBeD, 17 of July of 2014 at 08:43 Posted on Planning 0 10

Morning all,

I am looking at the Dessy bridesmaid dresses (wedding isn't for another 2 years yet but nothing like being prepared!). It's the twist wrap dresses as all my girls are different sizes/shapes and I think these will look fab and so versatile! I love the thought that they could wear them how they like and also wear them again!

Might be a bit early, however the colour scheme is a dusky pink colour and I was wondering if anyone knows what shade of pink from Dessy would tie in well? I was going to order swatches but thought I would throw the question out there first! The colours to choose from are:

petal pink

suede rose

sea pink

chalk pink

any thoughts would be much appreciated :-) x

10 replies

Latest activity by MrsSoonToBeD, 17 of July of 2014 at 21:10
  • xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

Unrelated to your question but how much are your dresses if you don’t mind me asking and what is your “make” time?

• MrsSoonToBeD
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsSoonToBeD ·
    • Hide content

The full length dresses are £112 but I believe the shorter versions are about £88! Apparently the delivery could be 8-9 weeks? That's just by looking at the delivery times on their page! the dresses I want are out of stock at the mo but hoping they come back in! X

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

Oh! I had a shop come back to me and say starting £125, It was a shop in a upmarket village though....

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Sea pink and suede rose are nice colours and I think could go well. There is a company called weddington way, it's American but you can order free sample swatches of the dessy collection, I think you can order upto 6 free. Might be worth looking on their website and ordering swatches.

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

When you say the girls are different sizes/shapes, just how different do you mean? I have had 5 distraught bridesmaids, from different weddings, in the shop over the last 2 years who vary in size from 16 to 22 and 5ft 2 to 5ft 10 who have hated them as the extra fabric usually ends up gathering around the waist (just where a larger lady does not need it) and making them look extremely lumpy and bumpy where in fact they have had great shapes in a more structure gown. Im afraid these twist and wrap dresses arent a "one size fits all" solution.

• MrsSoonToBeD
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsSoonToBeD ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the advice girls!

My BM range from roughly a size 8 - 14/16 with the all being about 5'4 - 5'8. One of my girls has quite a big chest which I was thinking more of, as I thought the stretchy fabric may be better. She's also had these style of dresses as a previous BM and loved it. I suppose like you say it maybe isn't for everyone! Such a hard decision to try and get it right for everyone!

• claire_91
    Beginner July 2014
    claire_91 ·
    • Hide content

As someone else who is now at the end of over two years of planning, please don't rush into decisions about something as big as bridesmaid dresses. I did this and then changed the colour scheme, thankfully nothing had been purchased yet. Things seem so certain and then can change in the blink of an eye. I'd also say as a bigger girl myself that those twist and wrap dresses are not always the most flattering.

However, it may be that these are perfect on your girls Smiley smile To me the suede rose looks more purple than pink and my fave is either the petal or the chalk. My colour scheme is dusky pink too.

I hope you enjoy looking through all of the options x

• MrsSoonToBeD
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsSoonToBeD ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Claire_91 :-) it is a big decision! I'm confident with other decisions I've made, such as the colour scheme, centrepieces, band, photographer etc. It's when it comes to other people that I hit a brick wall! I've sent my BMs plenty of ideas to get a feel for what they like/don't like as they know what style suits them best!

My BMs are all over the country so it's really difficult to get everyone together. I'm hoping next year to get a weekend with all the girls and hopefully find a good bridal shop that will help us find what we want. Aslong as they are the same colour, I'm happy for the girls to choose what suits them best and feels comfortable!

I love that your colour scheme is dusky pink too :-) what dresses have you gone for in the end if you don't mind me asking? X

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

Are you looking at ordering the dessy wrap dresses from americaband having them shipped over. A friend did this and once shipping and customs tax was added the long dresses worked outbaround 190 each. Just something to be aware of. Bridal shops sell them around this price. I went for bhs wrap dresses in the end. Quality was just as good (intried groupon ones but they were crap) and only 80 for full length. They do a pink shade I think its called ballet and its similar to the dessy chalk pink ones.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    Mellypoos ·
    • Hide content

If it the twist wrap dresses you want, you can buy these directly from Dessy from £88 for the short one or £112 for the long one. You can also find lots of discount codes online, or sign up to their website and get a code - i ordered mine and got 10% off and free shipping from New York to Edinburgh.

No need to go through a bridal shop who may well charge above and beyond that to have them shipped.

I bought the purple (regalia colour) with a chiffon over skirt for my bridesmaid and it's lovely. perfect for her as she was very picky about her style and couldnt find anything she liked, s with the twist dress she can style it herself

Dessy were also very helpful as the dress i wanted wasn't in stock and someone at Dessy helped me to special order the one i wanted and it arrived very quickly, they couldn't have been nicer. and i paid no additional custom charges when i picked them up from royal mail

if you do decide to buy a twist dress, buy it direct Smiley smile

• MrsSoonToBeD
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsSoonToBeD ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone :-)

All I had looked at was on the dessy uk site so I'd imagine they would be shipped over? I heard that the original matte jersey full length ones I wanted have been discontinued and replaced with the chiffon over skirt version!

I will definitely keep my eye out, especially on bhs as I know the have lovely ones! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics