Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2013

Dessy dresses

Candicei, 17 March, 2013 at 18:15 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hiya,

So, my sister who is my bridesmaid and just dropped a bombshell on me, she is pregnant!!!!! When I get married, she is going to be very heavily pregnant, and she has very large babies, so will have a very big baby bump! I have found the best dress is going to be the Two birds dresses, however, the cost is well over budget! I have had a look at the BHS twist and wrap dress, and they are lovely, however, do not do it in the colour I want. In fact, I can't get the bridesmaid dresses in the colours that I want, so have decided that I am going to go black, and then accessorise them in bronze. BHS again do not stock black. I am now looking at ordering the Dessy dress, but they are from the USA and I would really like someone in the UK. The stockists that I have approached do not stock it. Can anyone let me know, did they order from the Dessy website - if so any issues? Or is there a stockist that does the dresses, coming in at a good price? Any help will be very much appreciated Smiley smile Thank you xxx

3 replies

Latest activity by Candicei, 18 March, 2013 at 13:04
  • M
    Beginner October 2013
    Melliejb ·
    • Hide content

As you're getting black dresses, can you not find anything on the high street??? It will be a lot cheaper! Smiley smile

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

Hello- I did exactly this- I wanted a Dessy Dress but was on a tight budget. I ordered it from Victoria's Bridal Couture in the U.S.A.online which for some bizarre reason was cheaper than ordering direct from Dessy themselves. - you will have to pay import tax,but even with the import tax and delivery charges from the U.S.A. it still worked out cheaper for me. You can go onto the site and play around with different orders without submitting them to get the costings worked out with the delivery charges. You must also check the measurements in inches / centimetres rather than just ordering in the standard size, these dresses are small on the waist and big on the hips so it is best to estimate by the largest measurement and have the dress taken in once received (obviously the simpler the design the easier this will be) My dress was estimated for delivery within 8-12 weeks, and it took about 8.5 weeks to arrive,it was then held by the P.O.for payment of the customs charges which you can do online,then it was delivered about 2 days later. I had to order a size up from what I needed because I am small on the hips and bust but larger on the waist so I decided it was easier to take in rather than let out. You will probably have to have the hem taken up unless you are tall,as they base it on about 5ft 8 or thereabouts- I am 5ft 6 and have had to have a couple of inches taken up. It will tell you estimated delivery times, so as it is now approcahing wedding season estimate on the max time (I ordered mine in October,and my wedding is in April)

Hope this helps :-)

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Candicei ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice.

Black dresses on the high street, due to the size my sisters "bump" will be, this will not really be an option. When I say she has a big bump, it is big! So the material of the dessy dresses is perfect, as there is so much material!

Having the dresses taken in etc... is this possible with the wrap dress? I didn't think you would be able to do it with that syle! Basically, I need to mediums, one short and one long.

Etsy, their dresses did not look that great, has anyone ordered?

Any help greatly recieved! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics