Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner January 2025 South East London

Destination Wedding

Rachel, 31 of January of 2024 at 14:39 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 1 4
Hi! I'm newly engaged and just starting to think about wedding planning. We know we would like to have a destination wedding but we have no idea where to start. Any tips on narrowing down which country? Or any good websites that allow you to browse options?

4 replies

Latest activity by Hampshire Wedding Photographer, 22 of March of 2024 at 12:40
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Think about travel costs and who you want to invite - you don't want to pick a place that's too expensive for your key guests to travel too. Also think about weather/climate - especially if you're wanting to wear the traditional wedding dress as you don't want to melt if you go somewhere super hot and humid!)

Also think about your reasons for a destination wedding - what is it you hope to achieve from having a destination wedding instead of a UK one? That should help you narrow it down further.

• Jas
    Beginner August 2026 West Sussex
    Jas ·
    • Hide content
    Hey I am newly engaged too! Congratulations! We are the same. Want to be engaged for 2/3 years while planning but have no idea where to start! X
  • J
    Beginner July 2024 Monmouthshire
    James ·
    • Hide content

Hii How are you?

• Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Destination weddings are gaining popularity, so much so that I've been flown around the world to photograph them here from the UK. A lot of destination wedding venues have hotel photographers, avoid them if their portfolio is not transparent (ask to view a whole wedding), most of the time they are staff who work at the venue, such as bar staff, or friends of the family. Venue first, that's where you need to start, also are your family able to afford the travel and accommodations? Most destination weddings all occur in one venue (preparation, wedding and reception) where the family will also stay making it easily accessible with less travel - you are best off finding an all in one spot. Then you'll have to find some local suppliers such as flowers, etc, but the venue should be able to help out with some of these but still be careful. Any idea where you are planning on getting married? I might have been there before and might be able to suggest a few places.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics