Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MaryMe
Beginner

destination wedding in Portugal

MaryMe, 26 of October of 2012 at 15:48 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hi everyone.I would like to know if it's a good idea to get married on Portugal. Can you tell me if it's easy, or if it's expensive, and what's the best place to do it? Thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by Rhisheds, 9 of June of 2016 at 09:41
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Have you tried finding a planner out there? Just wondering if there is a board on here with any information on. I'll have a look and post here if there is x

• MaryMe
    Beginner
    MaryMe ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I really didn't made that much research, I'm just wondering about it... Wondering if someone did plan her wedding in Portugal, and the overall outcome... Thank you so much!

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have looked into Portugal and it looks like one of the more difficult places to get married.

There is more legal tape than other places - so much so that we have decided against it and are looking elsewhere.

There aren't many threads for it (now I know why)

From what I found it was suggested that we took care of the basics in England and then had a ceremony out there which we read to mean that it would only be a blessing.

One co-ordinator said it would be possible but I have worked myself up too much about doing it there now :-(

Their details are Algarve Wedding Planners ****@**********************.***

Good luck xxx

• MaryMe
    Beginner
    MaryMe ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i already did some research and I found this wedding in portugal http://ourweddinginportugal.com/article/how-obtain-marriage-license-get-married-portugal

How's this person? "Start the marriage license process in Portugal in person or by assigning a solicitor with powers to do so and who will represent both the bride and the groom." Who's the solicitor? ?

• R
    Beginner October 2016
    Rhisheds ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in portugal this year and have hit the same problem

Could you help

the issue is we dont know who needs to sign our power of attorney to allow the planner to get thr ceremony organised.

any advice or help would be amazing!!!!!!

thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics