Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2025 South Yorkshire

Destination wedding's, Italy?

Nicola, 25 of March of 2024 at 10:47 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi, first time positing. Newly engaged and looking to start planning as we would like to get married in 2025 so not giving us much time!
We are more aware of what we don’t want than what we do.
We have been drawn toward Italy as you can legally marry and I’ve been to a few places an just loved each visit. We are wanting some intimate and relaxed. Maybe get married at a local authority building and then hire a nice resultant for food/ drinks and dancing. We are looking at a more relaxed menu but with really tasty food. Any ideas where to start. Any help would be advised. Where in Italy would be easiest regarding travelling form the uk? Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by Alexandra, 3 of April of 2024 at 20:54
  • H
    Beginner October 2024 South East London
    Harry ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicola, congrats on your engagement! Italy is a great choice of destination to get married. I was best man at a friends wedding in Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast which is a truly stunning location and the food like most of Italy was incredible. I am actually an independent travel agent who also happens to be getting married later this year. You can find my details within the supplier section of the website under Harry White Travel Counsellor

• A
    Beginner May 2024 South West London
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Nicola,

I’m getting married in Tuscany next month! We found our venue through Hitched and we found lots of good options on here. We also got in touch with a few that we found on Instagram which is another good place to look. Generally if you find a few that you like the look of the insta algorithm will start giving you loads but be warned that accounts with lots of followers will probably be either really expensive or fully booked.

We booked in February 2023 for our wedding in May 2024 and we did find a few venues we contacted were already fully booked for weekends we wanted in summer 2024 so it’s a good idea to start looking now for 2025. Once you find the venue then you can start on photographer, florist, band etc which you don’t need to book as far in advance. We booked our photographer in October, band in November and florist in February and we didn’t find that vendors we contacted were already booked.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Alex

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics