Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2010

diameter of wedding cakes?

Karen1980, 18 September, 2009 at 09:09 Posted on Planning 0 4

Whats the usual diameter difference to have of a wedding cake is it tier 1=12in tier 2 =9in tier 3=6 in or 12in 10in 8in? any ideas?

Thanks!

The reason i ask is my mum is making my cake!

4 replies

Latest activity by Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey, 18 September, 2009 at 21:34
  • bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 6,8,10 but we didn't need a massive cake x x

• H
    Beginner January 2018
    heath1980 ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends how many guests you have and also if you are keeping the top part for a christening etc.

The sizes you have said sound ok to me...

we got our cake from Debbies Wedding Cakes - http://www.yourukwedding.com/Debbie-sSweetArt.html and our size is 10 , 8, 6 and we have around 100 guests and keeping top bit if possible for first childs christening. Is anyone else doing that or I am just being silly.

• K
    Beginner July 2010
    Karen1980 ·
    • Hide content

We want to keep the cake to have either ar the christening or our anniversary (if it keeps that long?)

I wasnt sure if you should have 3inches between the sizes of each tier 12,9,6 or 2 inches 10,8,6 or if it really matters or what looks best.

That cake is huge!!!

• Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey
    Beginner December 2008
    Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks heath 1980 for the link ;-)

Cakes often look best with 2" gaps between the tiers, but they do work equally well with 3" gaps...

There's no right or wrong, it just depends on how you'd like your cake to look.

If you want a portion guide to work out the sizes you need, see our website (mentioned above) and click any wedding cake photo.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics