Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Did anyone have charity pin badges for favours?

11 November, 2010 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 22

If so, what ones did you have? Do you have a piccie? How much did you donate for them?

We are looking at the cancer research ones as both of our Mums have suffered with it. On the website it suggests a donation of £1.50 per badge. This is fine but wondering if it is a little tight if we only donate the minimum. We only had a budget of £1.50 per head though!

22 replies

Latest activity by Houdini, 12 November, 2010 at 13:57
  • L
    Beginner June 2011
    little_miss ·
    • Hide content

We're not but a wedding we went to in May had Cancer Research ones. They were a nice touch as his mum died from breast cancer.

Only thing they said about them was that the pins didn't come attached to the paper so the venue had to attach them.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I had GOSH, Birthmark Support Group and Everyman Testicular Cancer.

We paid £1 per badge, plus enough to cover postage.

Here's a piccie of ours

(In the box!)

• wee-lou
    Beginner June 2011
    wee-lou ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking about having the cancer research pins, but im on the hunt for charity pins that are for lung cancer as i lost my dad very suddenly to it back in may (4 weeks from diagnosis to passing away) and its something thats very close to my heart but so far i cant find any☹️

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

My friend had a charity pin as her favours and her MIL2b ran around all the tables making sure everyone picked their up as she was worried they would all end up in the bin..... but i suppose that is the same for all favours - apart from the edible ones

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most of our guests put theirs on and you can see them all in my evening photos. I think we had one handed in by the venue which had been found

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

We are having BHF ones in memory of the Father of the Groom- they are £1 per badge.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

I desperately wanted cystic fibrosis badges but I could not find any anywhere, I was really disappointed.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm having the same problem with stroke badges.

• loopyloo80
    Beginner May 2012
    loopyloo80 ·
    • Hide content

Oh what a fab Idea.. i am seriously going to look into this

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you tried the Roy Castle charity? ******.******@*********.***

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

We had Cancer Research locker token keyrings which were 99p each.

• wee-lou
    Beginner June 2011
    wee-lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks RaeF, I think its been the only place i have not tried yet. Will send a wee email off to them.

Thanks xxx

• M
    Beginner
    mealwe ·
    • Hide content

You could also try here:

http://www.choosehope.com/category/by-cancer-color-cancer-type

There are in the US but have really nice choices and they ship to the UK

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I really want to do this with the Marie Curie Daffodils (grandad spent his last weeks in a Marie Curie hospice) but I think they only sell them as part of a campaign from March to April. Wedding is in Feb ☹️

I think charity pins is a lovely idea though! OH wasn't sure about it at first. He reckoned that some guests might feel cheated out of a favour ? I told him that anyone with that sort of attitude won't be coming as we're not friends with mean people!

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    Soppy ·
    • Hide content

We're thinking of having ones for Help the Heroes as my other half is in the forces.

It's a great idea as it gives something to help a fantastic cause whichever charity you choose!!!!

• paddyandlin
    Beginner May 2011
    paddyandlin ·
    • Hide content

The Charity we are supporting is the Hughes Syndrome Foundation (condition my OH has) but they do not sell badges so we brought the Shopping Trolly token so we have given a donation and is something practical for the guest and we will have a collection box on the day to raise money for them

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Yep, all 80 were hand made by myself and the bows were done with some help from a friend whilst the boys were on H's stag do. I had to do it all in stages as it took FOREVER! Be warned now! ?

Boxes were about £30 for 100 and the ribbon was a few quid both were ebay.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

If there's wine in it for me I'm there!

H said in his speech what they were and why. The Everyman and GOSH ones were on a little card but the Birthmark Support Group ones didn't and I would doubt anyone other than my family would have known what they were so P just said which charities they were for and that without them his bro and our niece wouldn't still be with us so we wanted to give something back. I'll find out what it actually was he said and fb you with it if you want an idea?

• M
    Beginner November 2010
    Mrs McLeod to be ·
    • Hide content

I get married two weeks today and H2B and I have spent the last few nights attaching the cancer research pins to the personalised cards that you can get with them (optional). I'm afraid I don't have a picture. My grandad died of cancer a few years ago and my other grandad is suffering from cancer just now so we thought it would be a nice touch.

The cards are lovely and really nice with the pins attached.... I just hope everyone takes the time to remove the pins and wear them/ take them home!!

We donated £1.75 per head and although that is only slightly above the recommended minimum, it all adds up. I think you should stick to your budget... you are donating money for a good cause so don't feel tight about it!! Smiley smile

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic. I'll alert the girls! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics