Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkly Bride
Beginner August 2012

Did anyone wear, or are wearing strip lashes?

Sparkly Bride, 20 of August of 2012 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 17

I wanted to have them done properly but they wasn't very noticable so was thinking of having strip lashes. I am just worried they may fall off. Those that wore them did they stay put all day? Which ones did you use? TIA

17 replies

Latest activity by Lash, 29 of June of 2022 at 11:24
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I look like a drag queen in all false lashes so can't help I'm afraid. Would maybe pop this on OT as well though.

Erm, Sparkly? Your ticker says FIVE DAYS!!! Muchos Excitement!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I did, I wore Eyelure ones, and they did not budge all day. I do have to get someone else to put them on for me though, they would never stay on if I did them myself !

• JenniferRFC
    Beginner August 2013
    JenniferRFC ·
    • Hide content

I find strip lashes start to come away at the edges after a few hours but I think it is my application that's at fault as friends use the same brand and their's don't budge.

I'll be having individual lash extensions for the big day as I get them regularly now anyway and I really like them. They can be a bit unruly after the first week so I'll be getting them done a day or two before.

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Eyelure or MAC do good strip lashes. I put them on for many brides and they last all day no problem. Sometimes getting someone else to put them on for you helps.

Aimee x

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much. Glad to hear strip lashes were used by other brides. Just spoke to someone at Mint who do eyelash extensions and they told me that I would be better with strip lashes for the look I want.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eeekk!! I have suddenly started panicking about all things beauty. Never bothered before. Look like a mad woman ringing round beauty salons ha

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone got any real-life photos of them in such lashes? I'm interested, but am worried I might look like a cast member of TOWIE...!!?

I think i'll have to experiment next time I go out with the girls.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

I wore strip lashes and they lasted all day & night, my MUA supplied and put them on so not sure of the brand:

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

Professional eyelash extensions for me! You can create any look you want with them, they are stunning. Great for honeymoon too as no mascare needed!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Eyelash extensions for me. Would that be an option? There would be no concern about them falling off!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I had the weekend lashes as my eyes are way too sensitive for the semi perm ones. (Although I did try! 2 hours later and the poor lady had only managed to attatch 4 as my eyes are so flickery and watery) They are a step up from the strip ones, my MUA applied them for me in less than 10 mins, you can see the effect fully here, you may want to go for these lashes if you are worried about the strip ones. They are usually no more expensive than decent strip lashes. Mine were £12.50 on top of my make up cost. They actually lasted about a week into the honeymoon too!

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Wow I just googled images of eyelash extensions and they look really cool! How long do they last etc? I'd never need eye makeup again!

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Vanillapod they look lovely! This is the style I am looking for. I had the weekend ones for my hen night but they fell off so had to buy some strip ones.

I have just been on the phone to Mint who do them and they reccomended the weekend lashes as they are more fuller and darker than the others, or to stick with strip lashes. I want them quite dark and full rather than super long iykwim. I think I will pop to Mac to see what they have. Thanks ladies.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Mine last about three weeks before I need to get them tidied up a bit.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! If you get them just go somewhere reputable and make sure they know its your wedding day so they take extra care. Some places use too much glue and thats why they fall off I think. I go back to the place that did my wedding ones when ever I'm going on holiday/ away for the weekend now and they always look lovely and last me the week.

• Cheshire Hair and Beauty
    Beginner
    Cheshire Hair and Beauty ·
    • Hide content

Some of the strip lashes are fantastic! but there are so many to choose from, you need to go for a more natural lash not too thick or too long.I would recommend Mac or eylure Don’t use the glue provided, we never do!! I would always use duo glue, it has never let me down!!

Lots of our brides opt for individual lashes(small groupings of lashes rather than a strip), half a dozen or so on the out edges gives a beautiful natural result :-)

If you are not used to wearing them practice with them, be sure to get used to them before your big day!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I tried individual eyelash extensions but as I don't have a lot of my own lashes to adhere them too I didn't get that fullness I wanted. Instead I had individual cluster lashes glued on in between my lashes. They have 3 lashes on each one and varying lengths and this was perfect and glamourous. My sister had strip lashes but they had a clear strip instead of thick black so she didn't look like the TOWIE girls.

It cost me a fortune in trials to get the right look I wish I asked on here first.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics