Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ohwhatatuesday
Beginner May 2014

Did you bother/are you bothering with confetti and cake boxes/bags?

Ohwhatatuesday, 16 of April of 2014 at 19:21 Posted on Planning 0 22

Sorry stupid last minute decisions and random questions.

I can't decide whether to get some confetti or not. Part of me thinks it would be nice (and would look nice in the photos), the other part of me can't be bothered to sort (i'd need to order natural confetti), I also think it might be a bit of a pain to organise on the day and then will get confetti stuck everywhere.

Did you bother with it and if so was it pain/was it worth having?

Also the same with cake boxes/bags - do we need them? Do people take cake home?

Thanks and sorry again for the stupid questions

22 replies

Latest activity by Kjay, 17 of April of 2014 at 22:16
  • bbk8
    Beginner
    bbk8 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I've bought real petal confetti from Shropshire Petals and then got some little organza bags from Hobbycraft. The bags hold a small handful of confetti & they look lovely! We also got takeaway noodle style cupcake boxes for our favours so our guests can take cake home in those ?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Our venue says no to confetti although it is in the middle of a public park so I'm kind of hoping that as long as we go away from the house, we can still have the confetti shot! If not, we're going for bubbles as they look really pretty Smiley smile

Cake boxes - definitely not - we'll be giving cake out at the reception so if they don't want it then, then they can go without lol

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    sophiesofa ·
    • Hide content

Neither of these things had even occurred to me and I'm getting married on Saturday! Oops too late now

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on getting some confetti purely for the photos really, but no cake boxes. Our cake has four different flavoured tiers and so (with us both being food lovers) we're hoping that there might be a bit left to take on our mini-moon as I don't expect that we'll get to taste them all otherwise.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We're getting confetti for the church and just giving one box per couple really but we don't have loads of guests...if we needed to spend a lot of money on it I doubt we'd have bothered...some people bring their own I think anyway.

Cake boxes we aren't getting, ours is being served at the evening buffet so don't think they'll be needed really Smiley smile

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I bought some confetti because I decided last minute I want a confetti shot. Our venue told us not to bother with cake boxes as they will wrap it up in napkins.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a confetti shot but wondered how much of a pain they are in practice (to set up and it going everywhere etc). I think I'd need to buy some in as we can only have natural confetti so even if people brought normal stuff they couldn't use it, but I haven't got huge day guest numbers so it wouldn't cost very much just not sure if it's worth bothering.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We didn't organise either.

Guests brought their own confetti and ate all the cake!

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I bought it because I wanted to have the pretty multicoloured stuff ? it's biodegradable. I only bought enough for a little packet per couple, and as we're only having 45-50 day guests I didn't need much. I also bought little velum envelopes to portion it out. Not expensive (Ebay) but a bit of a pain to fluff it up and separate it out, I really hope it will be worth it! I didn't think about "setting up" the shot, I figured people will enjoy throwing crap in my face and someone will get a good photo ?.

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

Our venue only allows flower petals so I'll be buying some and attempting to get the 'confetti shot'. I never take confetti to weddings anymore because so many venues don't allow it.

Hadn't actually thought about cake boxes, I think it will depend on the final decision about favours, i.e. If we don't have favours I might present the cake differently...as a favour!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Confetti yes as long as venue says so. Cake boxes no. We'll dish out what's left over on the next day for people to take home.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Probs won't bother with confetti, someone always brings some so a few can share, one less thing for us to worry about. No to cake boxes, we're giving it out during the evening do at some point. If there's any left they can wrap some up in serviettes a la my 6th birthday party.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

As a guest I normally take a box of confetti anyway. We didn't supply any at our own wedding but lots of people brought it with them anyway so we still got the confetti shot. I think unless your venue have stipulated something like only rose petals then supply it but if not don't bother.

We didn't bother with cake boxes either. We had a lot of it cut up at the reception and I knew if people wanted to take some they'd wrap it in a napkin

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Yes to both as our church and venue only allow biodegradable confetti so I have bought Shropshire Petals confetti in our "colours"! and i have cake boxes because I am the kind of person who if they just ate a 3 course dinner at 6 wouldn't want cake at 10 but might want it the next day. From experience cake+napkin+handbag = unhappy me with cake in the wallet and on my phone! So cake boxes it is!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We didn't organise any confetti but most guests brought their own.

As for the cake boxes / bags, I wish we had. We had loads of cake left and god knows what happened to it!

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

Yes to both - our venue only allows real petals so I have organised those. We will be getting boxes for cakes, but we are having individual mini cakes and a large cake for on the night. The little cakes double up as favours. ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

My church states no confetti, which I think is sad, as I think asking only for natural stuff would be more reasonable! I won't be having the confetti shot, I'm not too bothered, and I've never taken confetti to a wedding. If it's not something you are worried about, miss it out?

And a no for cake boxes. Mine is getting served with coffee in evening then we'll be eating the rest!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

We're not bothering with confetti. Or cake boxes. People will get a piece of cake in a napkin!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I figure that most people will bring their own confetti. In regards to cake boxes, I did debate it but managed to get some lovely thick napkins on offer in home bargains so going to use them instead. Most people will probably eat it straight away anyway and if they don't, they probably won't take it with them anyway.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not providing either. Our venue only allows dried natural petals, I am just going to write that on the invites. As for cake boxes, we are having a cupcake tower so won't need them x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, cake boxes will be struck off the to do list and I'll put confetti firmly in the 'if we have time' category (so realistically unlikely to happen!)

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I didn't provide confetti and we had a *** load thrown at us!

I also didn't provide cake boxes- we served cake on the night- if people took it away they probably just wrapped it in a napkin like I did at the wedding I was at on Friday! Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics