Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Did you bustle your wedding dress?

3 August, 2011 at 16:59

Posted on Planning 41

I think that is the correct term? I went to have my 1st fitting on Monday. I have had a train added to my dress - a puddle train - that goes out at the back but also at the sides slightly. She asked if I wanted a button and a look added at the back so I could put it up at night. I decided not to as...

I think that is the correct term?

I went to have my 1st fitting on Monday. I have had a train added to my dress - a puddle train - that goes out at the back but also at the sides slightly.

She asked if I wanted a button and a look added at the back so I could put it up at night. I decided not to as I didnt want to ruin the soft, sleek look of the back of the dress by adding a button. I know it would only be tiny but I didnt want to do it.

I have mentioned it to a couple of people who think I am mad and that it will drive me insane all night.

What did/are you doing?

41 replies

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I had a ribbon put on mine and i Just carried my triain on my wrist with it! I did want mine bustled, but the crap dressmaker i used didnt know what i ment, so I was happy with my ribbon, whicjh was my mums addition!!

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of videos on you tube about bustles, great for seeing different ways and different dresses. Alot are videos that bridesmaids have taken to remind them how to do it on the day!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, forgot, my seamstress is adding a "handloop" too. Might not use but the dress is light enough to get away with it. Here is vaguely what it would look like...

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I have only got a really small puddle train on mine, I had just assumed I wouldn't be able to bustle mine. I'll have to wait until I speak to the seamstress at my first fitting. I hope I can though, as it will certainly make dancing the night away easier!!!

• thor1
    Beginner August 2011
    thor1 ·
    • Hide content

Went for my fitting today, got a bustle put on..my mum bless her wrote down instructions and drew a diagram -but really it's not complicated!

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

My dress had 3 sets of ribbons under the skirt to bustle it, I loved swooshing the train so kept it down till late in the eve, I decided to bustle it late just to show off both looks but mum forgot how to do it! The lady showed us on the sample dress but I think mine poss had something missing as 5 of us couldn't do it! We managed to make it a bit shorter but as I walked back out to the dance floor I felt the weight of the train snap the ribbons! Just make sure they show you on your dress and someone watches!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics