Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

13JulyLondonBride
Beginner July 2013

Did you change/are you changing out of your wedding ceremony dress to an evening dress?

13JulyLondonBride, 4 of June of 2013 at 23:59 Posted on Planning 0 17

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should change out of my wedding dress. I just don't know where to look for appropriate wedding bridal reception dresses? I have tried to steer away from bridal magazines and shows, I know what I am like, my budget could zoom into the sky!

Pleas show me pics of what you wore or are wearing if you changed out of your wedding dress.

Or advise could london shops or websites that do nice wedding reception dresses

thanks everyone xxx

17 replies

Latest activity by Munstermad, 7 of June of 2013 at 09:33
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Goodness no! I bloody loved my dress - no way was I putting something else on!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Nope, I know some people do but I don't think I would want to be away for longer than it takes to have a wee!

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This ^^^ I'm going to be devastated when I have to take my dress off at the end of the day. Each to their own though :-) I'm not sure where to look though, the high street has some nice dresses.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

No way - whatever dress I get will be staying on for as long as possible!!!! If I choose a massive one I won't be able to ceilidh dance in it so my mum suggestested changing, I know she was joking though and mocking someone we know who did. (she was a WAG so could afford two amazing dresses). If you can afford this, and are lucky enough to have two that are spectacular then it's maybe an option, otherwise maybe consider just one but a style you'd be comfortable in all day.

I'm sure I've read hear a few times of brides having a second dress - then not bothering changing as they loved their first one too much!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

My dress is staying put! When I went shopping for mine one of the main criteria was could I walk, sit, pee and dance in it. I possibly have one of the most practical wedding dresses in the world. I might even test it out on the school run.

• M
    Beginner December 2013
    MrsSpongeBobTB ·
    • Hide content

I bought a second dress and am now trying to sell it. No way I am getting changed now. Dress is too gorgeous!

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I plan on staying in my dress for as long as possible! Smiley smile

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely no chance! My dress is very comfortable anyway, so for the evening ill hook the train up and ill be fine!!

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

I haven't bought my dress yet but I have absolutely no intention of changing, one of my conditions for my dream dress is that it's comfortable enough to wear for the whole day! It's going to cost enough so better be :p

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I have bought a second dress shock horror!!!!!

I'm really hoping I won't feel the need to change out of my wedding dress and specifically bought a lighter weight one in the hope that I can stay comfortable all day in it. However, I have a condition which causes alot of pain throughout my body and can hit at any point, particularly if I am stressed or fatigued. When it strikes, what I wear can make the difference between being relatively comfortable or in utter agony, even down to fabric touching me in the 'wrong' places.

So, I hopped on ebay and bought a simple but still quite elegant and bridal maxi dress with a matching bolero. Cost next to nothing and if I don't need to change into it, bonus! I'm waiting for it to be delivered any day now. My thinking was, if I don't need to change into it on the night, I can wear it to the hotel the following day then just keep wearing it whenever the sun is out lol!

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsG2013 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely only wearing 1, i'm so in love with it! I could already cry at the thought of having to take it off afterwards and never wear it again ☹️ ha.

Still not thought about weeing yet though, i'll cross that bridge when I get to it! ?

xxx

• S
    Beginner December 2014
    Soontobe_mrsG ·
    • Hide content

my favourite ever response on hitched!!

To answer though....no I wont change out of my dress, ever.....and I haven't even got it yet!!

xx

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I have a shorter dress for the evening dancing, if I do change I will do so about 10pm, if I don't then I will get the petticoat taken out and could then wear it as a going out dress. It is just a normal prom dress style from asos- was about £80 I think.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

no.... but seriously... I might!!! My beloved bought me a beautiful Ted Baker dress once but then never actually took me anywhere to wear it. In protest I stuck it on with my lovely 5 inch heels, did my hair and make up to perfection.... and bleached the loo in it.

• A
    Beginner December 2013
    Amaranth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, please do! It'd make me so very happy.

I have a short, swishy, swirly dress that I love so much I'm planning on dyeing it after the wedding to wear to parties. After our ceremony and both receptions, anyway Smiley winking.

Icklefee, I bought a full-length vintage, dark pink, slightly sparkly taffeta ballgown on a whim as a student. It was £30, exactly my size, and only needed the zip repaired. And then I was too sick to go to the uni ball that year, so in a desperate bid to get SOME wear out of it, I wore it to the supermarket. And around the flat. And out to a very casual falafel dinner. Luckily, I lived in a quirky enough area (Kelvinbridge, as I know you're a fellow Weegie originally) that I didn't get too many funny looks.

I did finally get to wear it to a fancy occasion, but, yeah. I'm not above putting on fancy frocks for no good reason.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You'd have to do better than a dark pink sparkly taffeta ballgown to get a funny look in Kelvinbridge!

My best friend does worry about me. I have a collection of wedding dresses now, one from a previous wedding that didn't take place and the original one I bought for this wedding that I changed my mind about. She is totally convinced she'll turn up for coffee and I'll be watching Jeremy Kyle in one of them.

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So, so true!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics