Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cupcake26
Beginner August 2015

Did your OH see your hair and make-up trial?

Cupcake26, 11 of August of 2015 at 21:11 Posted on Planning 0 20

Got mine Saturday morning. Did your OH see what you had done? Does it matter? Dunno how it can be avoided apart from take it all out/off before I come home?! Not keen on that!

xXx

20 replies

Latest activity by Lui, 12 of August of 2015 at 13:11
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    Maryhf414 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking that, but decided to show him as I was unsure about what it looked like xx

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

I had mine last week. I didn't want Mr K to see so after 2 hours of being beautified, my hair was taken out and the make up wiped off! Would have been nice to have kept my hair in to see the lasting power of it, but it was more important to not have him see it!

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

My OH doesn't want to know anything about my outfit for the day, so I'd probably go with planning it before going to see some good friends or something. Make a day of it and test the staying power! I'm not planning on looking much different to how he's seen me all made up, so it probably won't make much of a difference. Just some refining for photo perfection.

However, I'm lucky, because my MU/hair are being done by one of my best friends so I won't be paying for trials the same way some brides will do.

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Ah Mrs. K2B think I'm gonna have to do the same! Gutted!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I'm gonna need to keep my hair in to test the staying power, because I have a mane of very thick hair ;my hairdresser actually said "if any of your bridesmaids have hair like yours, I quit"). I don't think it's a big deal if he sees it, he won't remember what it looks like and, in any event, if he's looking at my hair on wedding day I'll be disappointed!

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content

I really don't see the big deal of it. Your day isn't about your fiancé seeing you "dolled up" as such, it's not like the moment youz see each other on the day will be ruined if he knows what you eye-shadow will be like.. Most guys are really not gonna notice that much, and its different seeing snipets compared to what you (any Bride in general) will look like in the whole outfit etc.

I had never even thought of this, and tbh, I'm not gonna have a choice of whether mine sees it or not, as I'm not paying all that money on a trial to wipe it all off, might as all make use of it going out etc and then I'll also see how long it lasts as you might find out something or want a change depending on how it lasts few hours later etc!

That's my opinion, but I'm not in to the whole secrecy thing anyway, I'll tell and show anyone about anything in the wedding, including my outfit and to my fiancé as well!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

My husband went with me! I completely forgot about the appointment and didn't have time to drop him off. We went out to dinner (with my sister and friend) afterwards. I looked great and not that bridal! We took a selfie that is now his Facebook profile pic.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

He saw my make up, but didn't know that he had!

I didn't tell him that I was going for a make up trial, just that i was going out for the day. Got home and he said 'Are you wearing make up?' (I don't normally). i just told him that I'd gone to a make-up counter for a makeover for fun. He just shrugged his shoulders and muttered something about how weird women are!

I reminded him of it after the day and he had no recollection of it at all! It's a big deal to us, but less so to most of our men-folk!

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

Yorkshire kiwi. .. I love your reply. ..lol.

My h2b didn't see me as he works away.

I wanted to go out with friends but didn't get round to organising it so I went shopping instead. ...

It was very interesting seeing people's reactions .or maybe it was my interpretation that was creative

I slept with my hair up as my hair is extremely fine and I have lots of it so did the 'staying test' it worked .... yay!

My advice. ... do what you are comfortable with. Xxx

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yep, because we don't live where we got married he'd had to come down with me, the trial was at my parents house! It was really useful that they all saw it, it meant we tweaked it a little for the day and it looked even better. I took my tiara and veil off though of course!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

If he is anything like my OH he won't remember anyway! For various reasons I took my other half wedding dress shopping with me. He loved my dress. Six weeks later I asked him to describe my dress. He looked blank and said he couldn't remember. Cream and fitted was the best he could do.

Hes quite an emotional person and will prob cry for the first look pic yet as of now has no clue what the dress looked like other than he thought I looked lovely.

If I had hair (short post chemo curls I can't do anything with before the wedding) he would say yes it's lovely I like it but forget again until the day!

Having a day out with parents and friends is a good idea to check out it's staying power but I wouldn't worry about that having to be home with other half. Well not my OH anyway Smiley smile

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Mine did, but not with the hair band and jewellery. I was actually planning not to show him but he was disappointed because he wanted to see it (while he has been very adamant about not seeing my dress), so he saw it when I picked him up from work later in the day.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Ladylou178 ·
    • Hide content

When I have my done he will not! He also has no desire to know anything about what I'm wearing or hair or make up. All he asks is that my hair is curly!

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Manda79 ·
    • Hide content

My hair and makeup were on different days, he saw both but without the hair piece. I wasn't bothered, nor was he. He's seen me wear make up and the trial wasn't much different to how I'd wear it. I think it all looks very different when put together with a big white dress!

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

My OH and his best man both saw me. We were all camping together at the time and my trial fell half way through the camping holiday. I didn't care to be honest!

• Neil Gratton Photography
    Beginner August 2015
    Neil Gratton Photography ·
    • Hide content

My bride-to-be had her hair and make-up trial but hasn't shown me the results. It makes me intrigued! ?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to organise a night out with the girls afterwards to test the staying power and to see how it looks in pictures. My friend recommended that I do this so that you can see how it looks, how long it lasts and what your friends think!

I wouldn't mind too much about him seeing it as, like the other girls say, he probably won't remember! X

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

My hair and make-up trial were on different days but my OH saw both.
    I needed to make sure that my hair would stay up as it's so fine, but I asked OH a few days ago if he can remember what my hair looked like and his response was "Urm...it had wispy floaty curly bits??"
    As for the make-up I've opted to have it done before a friends party to make sure it stayed put, but the look I've gone for is pretty much my usual 'going out' look so OH knows what to expect ?

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I'm like you and have given this some thought although I haven't asked him yet! I would imagine be won't want to see me and I would kind of like it to be a surprise on the day too.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Mine did, it was unavoidable unless I took it all off straight away. He's forgotten what it looked like already though.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

He saw my make up one, mainly because i didn’t have time to take it off, but he has no idea about my hair.

Mainly because he was out both times or I came home later and he was asleep.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics