Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

celticgoddess
Beginner March 2012

Diet Coke withdrawal

celticgoddess, 30 August, 2011 at 09:27 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I haven't drank any since Sunday lunchtime and Ive had really terrible headaches since. They're so bad I've had to take cocodamol!

9 replies

Latest activity by Vee Tee, 1 September, 2011 at 09:23
  • Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

I went cold turkey on diet coke last week. It's been 6 days now & I've had no withdrawal symptoms & I feel great**

**all lies - it got to 3pm on the second day & I felt so rough that I gave in & fell off the wagon. Back to my normal 3 cans per day now. So you are doing better than me - keep going!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I've got the shakes and feel so nauseous too. If that's what stopping does I dread to think what drinking it does to the body!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Keep going CG!

Once you get past this stage, you'll feel great.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I used to have 4 (hangs head in shame) sugars in my tea, until opne day in my old job someone gave me a telling off and said 'i bet you cant go a week without sugar' so not only did i cut out sugar, i cut out caffeine (as i woudlnt have my 8cups a tea a day without sugar) and went cold turkety for a week. Ive never felt so rough, was like having a hangover for a whole week!

I was so grateful for anything sweet in my tea afterwards i chucked in a couple sweetners and now thats all i have!!

itl be worth it!!1

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I hope so!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

You'll feel better after a week. It's just withdrawal - you've been addicted to caffeine and sweeteners so have to wait for your body to clear.

Did you know that the sweeteners aspartame and acesulfame break down to formaldehyde inside the body? (Thats the chemical they use to embalm bodies and pickle specimens for medical stuff - eww!) There's motivation for you!

(reference - look up 'sweet poison' in Google)

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Ugh that's gross Jude!

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Day 4. Feeling a lot better now, still have a headache but not as bad as before, the nausea is gone now. Keep telling myself I can do this!!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Keep going, it'll only get better.

I get like this when I try to give up choccy and have always caved in as the headaches are just so splitting that I can't work.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

My H2B was so addicted to Coke that he had the headaches and withdrawal for 3 whole weeks. Now he's caffeine free and living on Fanta Zero lol, actually he does have the odd Irn Bru now and then so he's not totally caffeine free but he's not addicted either.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics