Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2006

Diet products at Wedding Fairs...

Bicsie, 15 February, 2013 at 10:31 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi girls...
Just after a bit of advice from prospective Brides to Be.
I managed to complete a diet last year (after years of dieting!) and was really successful in that I am 46lb down now - Since October (and maintaining well) I have begun to sell the product as I believe in it that much; especially if i compare to other diet products/programmes that i've tried in the past. I'm not trying to advertise on here as I know that's against the rules, but was thinking of taking my product to wedding fairs as I know how much I wanted to lose weight before my wedding! Kind of thinking that it would be a good market to aim the product at (getting weight off quickly but safely with a low cal diet and natural supplement!) I have a few brides doing it at the moment and they're doing so well! I can't remember anything like that being at wedding fairs when i went and just wondered whether it would be something that you would be interested in? You get the product along with a facebook group support (which helped me massively!) Wanted some feedback before I decided whether to have a go at doing a fair Smiley smile
Thanks
Vicki

9 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 15 February, 2013 at 14:37
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Well done on your weight loss - fanstastic!

Now, cynical me says that brides might be a perfect group to sell to, although I'd think it quite a weird thing to see at a wedding fair.

But scientist me doubts that your "natural supplement" is in any way effective, so I wouldn't be buying it.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I'd be surprised if an organiser let you go there with a diet supplement. The ones I went to try to promote that every bride is different.

Might be worth emailing a few to see what their reaction is?

• B
    Beginner May 2006
    Bicsie ·
    • Hide content

I've spoken to a couple of organisers who think that it'd be a great idea Smiley smile but would obviously have to wait for brides to approach the table rather than approach people. I know what i'd have done if someone approached me at a fair a few years back; punched them on the nose! Hahahaha... Even tho i could've benefitted from it; iykwim!!! I was wondering if people would be too scared to approach a table that was about weight loss; that is my major worry about exhibiting. Most of my clients are friends who have seen my transformation (and now obviously THEIR friends who have seen theirs! We all see adverts on tv, etc but it's different when it's someone you know hey Smiley smile

Yeah; I was cycnical 46lb ago too Smiley winking Took me 3 months of researching the ingredients and umming and ahhing before I started myself...

Thanks

xxx

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I'd be interested in it even as a non bride lol, I think yeah as long as you're not pushy and accidentally ask the pregnant-not-fat woman I think brides would be interested. Most of the people I know trying to diet really don't need it, and I haven't yet known a bride who wasn't trying to diet at least a little bit, so I definitely think there's a market there for you if the fair organisers are cool with it!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've seen teeth whitening. ?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've seen teeth whitening, free body fat checks, "ladies only" gyms, so I think you should be fine finding somewhere to exhibit.

As a B2B though, i'm such a mega sceptic that i'd probably not try it if the first time I came across it was at a fair. I'd want to go home and do my research first (at the very least) So that's one issue I can potentially see. As others have said, you'll also have to tread carefully and be sure to let people come to you rather than you going to them for fear of causing offence!

You could always try goody bag advertising to test the water? We pay £10 per 100 flyers for local fairs and our leaflets go into goody bags. Always a much better return than actually exhibiting in our experience.

• Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto
    Beginner
    Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto ·
    • Hide content

I've seen Forever Living stands at a few wedding fairs - not sure how well they do. If you think you could make enough to justify the cost of the stand its worth a go!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I saw Slimming World had a stand at a wedding fayre I went to so think it would be a good market for you. I was wondering whether they were going to 'approach' me but I made a hasty exit before they could....

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

That's great then Vicki, go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics