Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2015

different shades of pink???

almostmrsStimpson , 6 of July of 2014 at 21:30 Posted on Planning 0 4

Would it look ok if my Oh and groomsmen are wearing hot pink cravats and my bridesmaids wore a different shade of pink? I cant picture it in my head so thought I'd ask. Our flowers are hot pink, pale pink and white gerbera daisies.

4 replies

Latest activity by Sazzle24, 7 of July of 2014 at 09:29
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be great. sometimes things that are too co-ordinated look too much. shades look far more relaxed yet still together if that makes sense!

also, if you try to match exactly and it is very slightly different it can look more wrong than a complete shade difference.

• Dizzycaz
    Beginner October 2014
    Dizzycaz ·
    • Hide content

I'm having different shades of purple throughout the wedding so think different shades of pink would look fab Smiley smile

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I'm also having different shades of purple.

A friend of mine had her bridesmaids all in different pinks and it looked fab!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

It's the amount of blue/orange in the colours that makes the difference, so it the hot pink and the pale pink are equally bluey/orangey it will look lovely. As an example: in Melancholia's picture above the bridesmaids look great with the mismatched look because there are three of them but if there has only been two then the two on the left would have worked and either of those with the more orangey one on the right would have clashed unless the flowers or something brought them together. Thus if you are only having two pinks, bridesmaid vs cravats, try and get them in the same hue, although different tones.

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

We are having different shades of peach! The BMs are in nude with peach coloured bouquets and peach nails and accessories and the men have nude flower button holes and peach coloured ties. Tbh I don't care if it's all a miss match. In my head I think it will go and the main photos I want on the day are of me and OH. That will be the one being framed on my wall. It's all me me me! Hahaha. T yes I love the idea of different shades

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics