Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Beginner May 2024 Berkshire

Digital Invites yes or no?

Laura, 27 of September of 2023 at 15:27 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 2 8

Digital Invitations, yes or no? I feel they are more sustainable, easier to send as I don't know half the addresses and linkable to the wedding website for RSVP?

8 replies

Latest activity by Genevieve, 26 of January of 2024 at 16:43
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Totally depends on your guest list. If we'd done digital, we would have had to wipe out 1/3 of our guest list from the start!

• Alex
    Curious July 2024 Kent
    Alex ·
    • Hide content

We did digital Save the dates, and will have digital RSVP's ( with a few exceptions for the older generations) but will be sending out the invites formally. What feels right for you depends on you, your guests, and the feel of your day.

• S
    Beginner August 2023 West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We wanted to create paper invitations, but also save money in this area, so we only made 15 copies for VIP VIP family and friends (our total guests were around 50, inc. children.)

Everyone else received a digital invite through our wedding website. None of the people who received a paper invite would have talked with those with only a digital invite, so this wasn't an issue. It worked well for us and I'm glad we made a few Smiley smile

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I sent paper invites but it's really down to your preference and your guests. Perhaps you could send digital save the dates and then paper invites?

• S
    Beginner March 2024 North London
    Shay Shay ·
    • Hide content
    My uncle and his wife sent digital invites. The only people I'd send paper invites to are those who struggle with technology. So for me it would be my grandparents and older aunts and uncles. Everyone else would get digital.
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are totally going to do digital everything. Most of the family we will be inviting is coming from abroad and I do not even want to think about costs to send invites to multiple different countries, and then there is the aspect of having to figure out everyone's address and that is a hassle.. So yeah digital is the way to go to be honest, unless you really want to splurge on the invites and it is within your budget, or you can only do some for your immediate family and everyone else can get digital. Honestly do whatever you have the budget for and don't stress it too much.

For me there are more important things to spend money on than a piece of paper that will go in the trash because no one will really save it for keepsakes unless it is my mom (maybe even she will toss it out). So I would put that money to better use.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve recently been having this debate!

In the end we went basic invites for day guests with QR to wedding website for all the information and just the link to the evening guests. Most our day guests are older family so they like a good traditional invite or card! The QR to website is really useful to ensure all the information is one place and can provide them with so much more information than an invite could ever
  • G
    Beginner August 2024 Bristol
    Genevieve ·
    • Hide content

I think it's fine. You can always print up a few for the grandparents/aunts/unlcles who would mind. But for younger generation they'd probably prefer digital so it can't get lost

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics