Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2021

Dilemma re time of the ceremony?!?

ExpensivePinkDecor51060, 7 of January of 2020 at 13:25 Posted on Planning 0

Hi All,

I'm about to book the registrar for our 2021 wedding but i'm getting a little conflicted about what time to pick.

i'm torn between 1pm or 2pm??

I've been to plenty of weddings where the wedding has been early on & everyone is starving by the time it comes to the wedding breakfast. So we've gone for an afternoon slot but i don't know if 2pm is too late - i thought it would give people time to eat before the ceremony but then there is only a small gap between wedding breakfast & food in the evening!!

Do i just split it down the middle & go for 1:30pm? ?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ยท
    • Hide content

I came to this post expecting it to be one of those 10am or 4pm dilemmas which there has been many on here over the years but I would say that any of your times for a civil ceremony will be just fine.

Things that would matter are if it were a Church ceremony and a long distance from the reception and also the time of year for which I always say the earlier the better in the winter (within reason ).

For a 2pm ceremony I would expect to see this

By 2.30 out mingling chatting

Call to sit at 4pm

all done for 6.30 incl speeches

1 hour to chill untill eve guests arrive at 7.30

First dance at 8.15

Eve Buffett at 9.00

?

Depending on how many guests and the nature of the food the 1 hour to chill until the eve guests arrive could end up being shorter.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics