Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2016

Dinosaur Bone Wedding Ring -any experiences?

Sondy, 20 of September of 2015 at 10:59 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello ladies and gents,

I wonder if I can get an idea of your opinions. My fiance and I are starting to think about wedding rings and he's taken a fancy to this:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/237639273/tyrannosaurus-meteorite-titanium-ring?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_mid-mid-jewelry-other&utm_custom1=ab8e4593-685a-4965-8962-cff6cf4d7e80&kpid=237639273engb

This is so him. He is a massive science bod, loves dinosaurs and he adores the idea. I love it because it has his personality written all over it and we can go for hand engraving for free too.

I wondered if anybody had any experience of these and whether they last well? I'm worried it will chip easily or rust.

3 replies

Latest activity by Lui, 20 of September of 2015 at 14:59
  • yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, i can't help as to how hardwearing the dino bone part would be, but i just wanted to say that I adore this idea. Those are amazing rings. I have no idea how you'd go about researching something like that for durability though. Hope you find good things and go for it.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I think if it's so him and what he wants then he should have it. We have looked at a ring similar set with antler for my oh as marrying in Lapland. My oh works from home so he's not doing a dirty job where he might have to take it off a lot. He won't wear it to shower or wash up, although the latter won't be a massive problem lol.

Surely bone would be quite hard wearing. After all its survived millions of years already?

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I would send the designer a message and ask. I have never heard of it before so wouldn't know an UK suppliers that you could ask. It's a lovely ring though!!

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

My OH looked into this and read a few reviews about it as he wanted. He read a few reviews that the bone does chip easily and that people got spare ring to use every day and then kept this as a special one

OH went with a wooden and deer antler one instead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics