Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

Displaying photo booth/other informal photos

Kentish Gal, 23 of July of 2013 at 03:37 Posted on Planning 0 15

We haven't looked at the memory card yet, but my son told me on the day that the kids who'd appointed themselves in charge of our photo frame corner had snapped over 1,000 images!

Some of those will be great.

In addition there are some great photos mates took that make me smile that we wouldn't put in a proper frame in the lounge/dining room.

I like the idea of a mega frame in one of the guest bedrooms with all sorts of fun photos, we can look and reminisce if we wish but it's not in our face Smiley smile

I can't picture (pardon pun!) how that might look. Anyone got a neat way of displaying multiple photos? Also, do you know if you can get reprints which are really small? So we can have more on show ;D

fanx for any help!!

15 replies

Latest activity by Kentish Gal, 23 of July of 2013 at 15:22
  • *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Most photo printing places will do large collage prints. You can do it all online and re-arrange the photos to how you want.

I had one of these from snapfish filled with photos from nights out with all my girlfriends.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks MrsM2B, any idea of rough maximum quantity/size? No worries if you don't know Smiley smile

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I have a few ideas. Firstly, you can get a collage done as MrsMain2B suggested. You can use a program called photoscape to do it yourself, select the size and upload that to photbox/snapfish or whatever and get that printed. Another idea is picture display holder like this one which allows you to change the pics over time: /photo-printing

Or get a canvas/corkboard, decorate it & stick the photos on there so you can change them as well!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

It was a few years ago I did mine but I remember they did massive poster size ones as well as smaller ones. I imagine you'd fit a fair amount on the poster ones.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!

The walbum is cute but the photos will be varying sizes so don't think that'll work for me.

I hate corkboards for photos however, the more I think the more it sounds nice to be able to change them over time.... I like the poster idea because it will look neat and 'finished' lol.

Too much choice Smiley smile

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

What about something like this? £15 for Ikea? You could get a few and hang these?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like it. I think we might have too many photos to go this route though. It could be a whole room devoted to them and I'm not sure H would like that as much as I would ha ha

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I think I might like many 'photo booth strips' with a mixture of all the fun photos, in a large frame maybe set slightly wonky, with gaps in between each strip, so it's not overload. Need to see if I can a) get a photo collage printed that long and in that format b) look for a massive frame

I have a wall in mind!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Could you get something like this made?

Possibly as a photo of you and your H and not some random man!

(If anyone can't see it/make it out, it's one big picture made out of loads of tiny photos)

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Ooh no, not my thing. It scares me!!! Smiley smile

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content

Congrats Kentish Gal on the wedding. :-)

Obviously tastes are different and this might not be everyones cup of tea, but personally I would get a rustic picture frame with nothing in. Then put rows of string on the back, and just peg the pictures to the string.

Below is an example...

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Smiley smile

I'm looking for a hundred or more tiny photos instead of select few normal size. Reckon it must be doable.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Although, if I paid for a photo collage that gave me the right size I could chop them up and use mini wooden pegs left over from the wedding and keep it (very loosely) like bunting. Seeing as my wedding was totally buntinglicious!

• L
    Laura Radford Photography ·
    • Hide content

If you've got loads of pics how about painting on your wall black lines like a film strip?

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the idea (a lot) but I wouldn't do it to my house. Might want to move things around etc.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Our bunting was blues (various shades) and cream and white. And the spare room I want them in is going to be pale blue, kind of like this:

So now we're thinking about a massive frame (as Rhys suggested) with string and mini pegs and teeny tiny little blue/white bunting triangles between each pic (I don't like the pics all squidged together) as then it'll remind us of the wedding in more ways than one, and the colours will all fit.

Aaahhhhh. Smiley smile

Now to find a ginormous frame...

PS. There's something wrong with me that I even give a $hit about this stuff. I used to be wayyy too tomboy to even use lipstick and now I think I'm bloody Martha Whats-her-face

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics