Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner July 2013

Disposable Cameras

Yipee, 25 April, 2013 at 21:55 Posted on Planning 0 15

We are wanting to have disposable cameras at the tables for guests to use. I have looked at the reviews for a few of them & some say that they have not come out well or perhaps only 1 camera out of 10 has worked. We would be really disappointed to get the cameras developed only to find that we didn't have any photos ☹️ Has anyone heard/ used a good webiste to use or a make of camera?

15 replies

Latest activity by little179, 26 April, 2013 at 18:44
  • F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

:-( oh know. We wanted to do this idea. Never heard anything like this tho!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I don't think anyone really does this anymore, because it's unnecessary now with digital cameras. So many people will bring their own cameras and can take a lot more, and better qualty photos than they can with a disposable camera. Like the reviews you've seen, you won't know until you've paid to get them developed, whether you will get any decent photos. I'd just make sure you get all your guests to send your their photos from your wedding...

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

There was a thread about this a while back --- do not use them. Many many times I may of taken a shot of somone using one and the Bride will say "oh those cost us an arm and a leg and we only got 2 or 3 photos that were any good" Chris the photographer on here is the expert on instant camers which are the better bet.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Agreed with Bill, the reason why disposable cameras hardly work is because people really don't know how to use them indoors, and you'll really honestly get better photos out of compact digitals and even iphones (iphone camera is ridic). If you really want a film feel, I have been pretty impressed by the fuji instax mini 7, the photos came out really well, I was surprised

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I hadnt planned on getting disposable cameras, but mum saw a deal on at aldi at the time & got them for about £2 each!

There were a handful of pics that were great, BUT majority werent worth it. Too dark, the flash wasnt pressed in so didnt work, too far away to be in focus, subject moving so just a blur etc

At the processing place, they had difficulty actually getting the prints off & several were missed from the initial printing. I dont know if it was just poor quality film though.

There were none that I'd put on the wall. A few that made me laugh, but overall, not worth it. A few cheap, digital cameras might be better, but as others said, most guests will bring their own.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

In all honesty I don't know one person who had disposable cameras that thought it was worth it.

Many people give guests a blank disc with a request for them to pop their digital photos on there and send back instead. Seems to work much better and you get much better pictures.

• T
    Beginner August 2014
    these_days ·
    • Hide content

Someone asked me recently if I am planning on using disposable cameras and my answer is a definite no! Whenever you see people using them at weddings they are always taking silly photos of someone's nose or the tablecloth etc etc and I just don't want to be paying for those kinds of pictures to be developed! And I've also been to weddings where one or more cameras would have disappeared by the end of the night...someone would have wamdered off with it outside or it had been knocked under a table or something. I just don't think they are worth having when as other people have said, lots of people will take pictures on mobile phones.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the above. All you get at the end of it is a load of blurry useless photos. Better to just use phones/digital cameras. Cheaper too! Getting pictures developed is ridiculously expensive and as I say none of the pictures will be any good.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Found it -- here is an older thread about them which also was a newer thread about an even older thread - both with mostly 90% no dont do it. Todays phones are far better, if for no other reason than the owner knows how to use them, with the disp ones to put the flash on you have to press and hold the flash button untill the little light glows,

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/370175.aspx

• Y
    Beginner July 2013
    Yipee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, the blank discs sound like a good idea. I would just like photos that weren't taken by the photographer.

• J
    Beginner April 2013
    JanetJones ·
    • Hide content

We gave out blank discs. Some of the photos we got back were awesome.

• Y
    Beginner July 2013
    Yipee ·
    • Hide content

Did you write anything on the discs or just a note beside explaining that you would like any of their photos & where to send them back to? Did you put them in a nice sleeve thing & just leave them at their table place? Thanks

• TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

We're going to set up a Flikr account and ask people to upload their digital photos to that. Will put the link on our wedding website.

• R
    Beginner July 2013
    RosyP ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting them just for the children to go in their goody bags. They're BOGOF at Boots at the moment, and 100 extra Advantage card points if you get them processed there.

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    little179 ·
    • Hide content

I would agree re disposable cameras. We have bought some blank cds and cardboard sleeves from ebay. The plan is to leave one in each room we have a guest staying in with a note, then they can chuck it in their case before they leave and hopefully they will remember to send us their pics when they get home! Think we'll put some in a basket near the door with a sign for any evening guests who want to take one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics