Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrideCummins14
Beginner April 2014

Disposable cameras

BrideCummins14, 19 of February of 2014 at 14:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi ladies,

H2B wants disposable cameras on the tables at the wedding, any idea where we can get some cheap - looked on ebay best I can get is £.50 a camera, thought I'd ask on here as you ladies always find a good bargain!

9 replies

Latest activity by BrideCummins14, 20 of February of 2014 at 10:50
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

This may not be very helpful to you but I wouldn't have them at all.

I don't think I've ever heard a bride say they were pleased they did them. You end up paying a fortune to get them developed and end up with a load of too dark, out of focus shots.

How about putting a CD on everyone's place setting and asking them to send their digital photos after the wedding? Or set up an online drop box?

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Kharv I totally agree - I think of the photos I have taken as a guest and they are just rubbish!! H2B seems set on the idea though - I have put it off for so long in the hope he will forget haha. Maybe I will try and talk him round.

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at possibly doing this, but then realised no matter how cheaply you get the cameras, it'll cost you a fortune to get them all developed, and I'd read things where people had done it and most of the pics came out blurred etc.

So I have downloaded an app called WedPics, and you set up a folder on there with a password you give all your guests, and then they use their phones/ipads etc to take any pics and upload them all to this app.

Obvs for the older generation of guests this may not work but they have normal cameras and are better at passing the pics on than younger guests I find Smiley smile

Sorry for the ramble, hope my input helps - if you are going to use the disposables though, 50p a camera sounds like a good price, would it go down if you bought over a certain amount? (say 10)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

If he wants them, leave them to him to sort!! It probably won't get done...

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    Hotchilli999 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? ^^^ this! Smiley laugh

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Agree they are a waste of money as they'll be expensive to develop and you'll get perhaps a dozen decent shots in total. My friend's MIL insisted on them, and three years later they are all still lying in a carrier bag.

These days most people have phones and digital cameras they can take candid shots with. I'll not have to ask for them as I know some dodgy ones will appear on FB a few hours later! There are several options where you can set up an Instagram page or other photosharing page for guests. Sorry I'm not that up on the technology stuff!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I meant £3.50 - if they were 50p I;d just bloomin buy them and tell him to sort. I think you girls are right - leave him to sort and it will never get done. I wonder how much they cost to develop anyway and everyone has camera phones - will look at the wedpics app.

Also I have told people to use a hashtag for our wedding to share pics so I think I am defo going to talk him out of it - I will say you ladies have had disasters and that it's a waste of money hahaha cheers! x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

We had them & a waste. We did get a few funny pics, but the flash didn't always work, they were blurred, too dark, too far away & generally really grainy. None of them I have put in a frame or displayed. I got several pics of the top of breasts in strapless dresses!

When I had them printed, the shop said their machines couldn't print the pics at the end of the rolls, & some pics where the photographed on top of others.

I got mine from lidl, but I guess aldi, poundland, wilkos might do them too. I found this on ebay, it claims to be a digital camera for £2.50, but no idea how good they are. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Camera-300K-Pixels-Digital-Camera-/321320402450?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item4ad0303e12

As others have said, guests own digital cameras are far better than the disposable ones.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Confetti, they were around £2.40 each and the price depends on quantity you buy x

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your replies - I managed to convince H2B last night that these were a bad idea :-)

Wohooo!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics