Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samidolls
Beginner September 2015

Disposable Cameras

samidolls, 14 of June of 2015 at 22:45 Posted on Planning 0 15

Does anybody know where I can buy cheap disposable cameras? I only need 5, not bothered if they are wedding themed. They are going to be favors for the kids at the wedding along with I spy cards.

The cheapest I can find is £5 at argos, and that seems alot when you think there is the cost of developing them aswell. I've looked at amazon and ebay also.

15 replies

Latest activity by Janet, 13 of March of 2023 at 12:40
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Will you be developing them? i wouldn't have thought you would, would you? if the camera is their favour i'd have thought they'd expect to take it away at the end of the night, therefore meaning the developing is the cost of the recipient family?

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Maybe favour is the wrong way to put it, More of an activity for the kids, rather than just giving them seed packets.

I am expecting to be the one developing the cameras as the list is things the tog might have missed....

But now you have said that I'll make sure on the cards I make it clear to leave them behind at the end of the night!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Will the children be getting copies? i know mine would be terribly disappointed if they didn't get copies of pictures they'd taken. just checking Smiley smile as if they're getting copies you're paying out twice.....

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm I'll have a think, we are using wed pics so maybe if I get the pics put on there for all to see and print if they want....

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Fair play. i have to admit, as a child even i would have been a bit upset that pictures i'd taken weren't mine to keep. maybe the children at yours will be totally different, but i'd feel a bit cheated tbh. i think if it were me, i'd let the children take the cameras, but i'd attach a label asking when they get them developed to get two copies and you'll pay for the second. that way they keep ownership of 'their' work, but you still get your copies.

totally up to you though my lovely. just a perspective

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I agree, my wee boy would be devestated if he had to give the camera back at the end of the day. Also, boots disposable cameras usually cover development costs Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I found these for £3.95 each:

https://www.partybits.co.uk/wedding/cameras/white-and-silver-hearts-disposable-camera/p36863.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7_mrBRDH4Y2UjLHEmfcBEiQA8OTHf8fDffVDXS3Fu1YwqW5qn2UIb83yFFxOMN8e1GVL7oEaAnD98P8HAQ

TBH, I think you will be disappointed. We had disposable cameras I got at Aldi and we were lucky to get 1/4 of each camera's film to actually make photos. Despite having a flash, the photos were either too dark or blurry and one had a problem with the film, so it double exposed photos on top of other photos. And that was adults taking photos!

I have absolutely none of the disposable camera photos on the wall or in our wedding book and looking back, I wouldn't have bothered.

You might find them at lidl when they have a wedding special event on or poundland/99p store.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

The quality of images is usually so bad it's not worth getting them processed. I think you can get them cheap on ebay.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Check your local £1 shops if you have any nearby. They had them in last summer, along with a lot of other wedding stuff so might be worth a look Smiley smile

• loopy_lisa 91
    Beginner June 2015
    loopy_lisa 91 ·
    • Hide content

Just to echo what others have said, 1. Disposable pics are usually terrible so you might be in for a disappointment, and 2. My niece (13) and nephew (10) would be really upset if they weren't allowed to have the cameras/pictures at the end of the wedding. Especially if they saw that the adults were allowed to take their favours home.

Have a think- you don't want crying kiddies at the end of the wedding......

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

So I got in touch with my cousins, whos kids will be getting cameras.

She asked them and the general consensus is that (as a lot of you guys said) the kids would want to take the cameras home.

So me and OH talked and decided we are going to make a new sleeve for the cameras that says something along the lines of if you take it home please upload your pictures to wedpics...... or if you would like to leave them behind the bride and groom will get the pictures developed and uploaded to wedpics......

Thanks guys, having no kids I never would have thought about them wanting to take them home!

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Id go with a really cheap digital camera. that way you can even check them out before the day. will cost a couple more pounds, but your developing cost will be lower.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivicam-V6324-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000L32ARC/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1434790203&sr=1-1&keywords=digital+camera

• J
    North Carolina
    Janet ·
    • Hide content

It's interesint, thanks!

• K
    Savvy November 2024 West Midlands
    Katey_84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was just about to comment this, I couldn't believe the prices when I was looking disposable cameras (without the processing).

Looking back at my first wedding in 2005, I had a load of disposable camera dotted about that had free processing from Max Spielmann. All the photos were dark and unclear Smiley sad

• J
    North Carolina
    Janet ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Katey for sharing your experience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics