Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ampy
Beginner October 2013

Disposable cameras - black and white film

Ampy, 3 of October of 2012 at 13:26 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi everyone,

We want disposable cameras for each of our tables - these are easy enough to source and are relatively cheape.

However, I am swaying towards black and white rather than colour prints but I'm struggling to source cameras, does anyone have any contacts?

Thanks x

16 replies

Latest activity by Ampy, 3 of October of 2012 at 17:04
  • BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Can't you just get regular film, and have them developed in black and white?

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

Disposable cameras are great, but please don't count on a large % of shots being usable. The number of couples that have asked me to "rescue" hundreds of dark/unusable shots is unbelievable! Make sure you get cameras with flashes and make a little instruction sheet for each table too...

Hope that helps!

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure, I will have a google and see. For some reason I thought the film was different ?

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Top tips thanks

My uncle is a photographer so I might be calling on his services afterwards - although he isn't invited to the wedding so it might be a bit awkward lol (we're going abroad with immediate family and bestest friends)

xx

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

You can buy black and white cameras https://www.boots.com/ilford-xp2-super-400-black-white-10108479

Although when developing any camera most places (i know boots does) offer to put your photos on a disc and you can just convert the photos in black and white yourself (that way you can have both colour and black and white pics) and colour camaras are generally cheaper.

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - it looks like this is just the film? Ideally we are looking for disposable cameras (beach party - sand, sea, wine - not comfortable using costly cameras in case they get ruined, I'd be mortified)

I will call in at Boots and see what they recommend - thanks xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I'd do.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh sorry my computer at work does not like the boots site so the page was all scrambeled thought it was a camera...I have brought a kodak B&W camera before but years ago not sure if they still do them.

• barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk
    barry@bwvideofilms.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Disposable cameras - a waste of money from what I have seen! You'll be lucky to get any decent shots at all, most will be forgotten or misused. Ask your TOG to take some casual shots instead.

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content

You could always have them scanned to cd at the same time as you get them developed and then convert the digital ones to black and white. I used to do this when I still used film cameras. If you get them put on cd at the same time as being developed it costs a lot less than doing it afterwards.

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Lol funkyjameseo

We will be having offical pics and I thought the disposable ones would be a nice touch. I will be asking the restaurant to collect them from us before we leave and then we will collect before we head back home (in theory).

I'm being naive now - what's a TOG?

x

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

Bit of advice, remind your guests to use the flash at all times. People only used it in the evening with ours so all our days ones are too dark.

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, good tip.

At this rate I will be taking a wedding manual with me, hopefully not like Viz Top Tips...

xxx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

A tog is a photographer.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd bother with disposable cameras. Obviously it's entirely up to you but everyone I know who had them said it wasn't worth it.

I think a better idea is to provide everyone with a blank CD and ask them to send you their pics. I wish we'd done this really.

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Aha, clearly showing my age lol.

That's a really good idea re the cd - we could send them with the save the date/wedding invites.

Thanks x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep - or just pop them on the tables for people with a little note. Or with the thank you cards maybe.

Some weddings I've been to have had one box of CDs with the guest book, for example, but I find this doesn't work as well as not as many people take one.

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married abroad so we're trying to keep what we are taking out there to a minimum (and asking guests to take mysterious parcels for us as I think I am going to need three cases just for me)

Putting in the thank you card is a good idea - most people (probably everyone) has digital cameras these days so worst case they could email them to us.

When we get back we were thinking of arranging a meal with everyone to go through pictures etc - we will be the old boring married couple with slide shows lol xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics