Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner February 2013

Disposable cameras, photo booth or photo printing station?????

lucyluvy, 10 of July of 2012 at 08:32 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi all

I've been a 'reader' of the forums since i got engaged but am having a debate with the other half at the moment and would appreciate some more opinions.

I'm looking for a way of sharing guest photos from the day - i've come up with 3 ways of doing this so far and my first thoughts are below - i'd love your feedback and experiences

1 disposable cameras - cheaper option but am worried that people tend to use them for the sake of it and will end up with lots of pointless pictures of bums (however have just seen the 'i spy' sheet on another post and think thats a great idea). I was also thinking of giving them to some guests through the day/drinks reception to get pictures from other times in the day.

2 photo booth - expensive and very staged photos as people have to go into the booth but the photos are instant and they can go straight into a guest book for people to write a message. I think this would be good for friends in the evening but would probably miss out some of my older family.

3 laptop photo printing - the idea is to set up your laptop and printer and get guests to print out their pictures from the day and they can put them into a guest book and write comments. This is my favourite idea but the other half is worried about some drunk friend (more likely one of his) spilling a drink over our laptop! The other reason i like this idea is i will then hopefully get some more pictures of the day from other angles/perspectives too. I guess the down side is cost per print and i would probably need someone at the laptop to keep an eye on it.

Would love your thoughts and comments

Lucy xxx

16 replies

Latest activity by clarehj, 10 of July of 2012 at 20:23
  • pinkfrost
    Beginner June 2014
    pinkfrost ·
    • Hide content

Im hoping to book a photo booth for our wedding, my friend had one at hers & it was brill!
    Only problem with disposable cameras are the quality of the pic can be a bit grainy.

Ive never seen the laptop one done before, but u'd prob need someone on standby who's "tech savvy" for ppl who dont know how to upload etc xx

• L
    Beginner February 2013
    lucyluvy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - thats one of my worries with the disposable cameras re the quality of pictures. I'm also thinking most people take pictures on their own cameras and phones anyway so how can i get hold of these.

Another thought i had while looking around the internet this morning (i should be working --- opps!) is setting up an account on a photo hosting website and asking people to upload some of their photos from the day onto there, that way i could get copies of all different peoples photos.

Lucy xxx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what our friends did. They sent an email with log in details of a drop box account and people uploaded all their photos to it.

Another problem with disposable cameras, is you think they are cheap, but considering the cost of developing them, and how many actual good photos you'll get, it's probably not good value for money.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We are having disposable as can't afford photobooth. I pointed out to OH it would cost loads to develop all the disposable ones anyway but hey ho.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• L
    Beginner February 2013
    lucyluvy ·
    • Hide content

Great thanks - i'm thinking thats a really good idea for uploading them and getting copies of as many pictures from other people as i can (i'm not having the photographer there for long so want to get as many of other peoples pictures as possible).

I'm still liking the photo guest book idea - i've just discovered 'Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer' that prints 2"x3" pictures (and you can peel the back off and they are sticky) and can connect to cameras by USB or phones by bluetooth ---- its £40ish for the unit and £10 for 70 sheets so i might have to get the other half looking at this tonight to see whether we could use it.

Lucy xxx

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Another idea for digital cameras etc - give each guest a blank CD-ROM with a note asking them to put their photo's on their and to send them back to you

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding recently and next to their guest book they had a couple of those polaroid cameras that print photos out onto stickers. They then asked people to take a picture of themselves and print it out and stick into the guest book, and write their message next to the photo. I've never seen that before but thought it worked great! Definitely an idea I'll be stealing for my wedding! x

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I have one of these and they are fun but sometimes have issues getting them connected. If you had lots of different phones all trying to connect to various PoGos wirelessly could be problematic, that's why we aren't just using ours!

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. We're giving out blank CDs with a printed sleeve so people can upload and give back.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I"m thinking of buying the Fuji instant camera for a DIY photo-booth type thing.

I looked at the Polaroid one and my main concern was that the battery only lasts for around 10 prints so you will probably need to buy extra batteries and charge them throughout the night.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

From what I remember no, unless you have checked all the camera mini USBs are comptable with whatever leads the Pogo has. Everyone's phone's will be different with different connections for the end of the cable, so the bluetooth needs to be properly set up if you wanted people to use their own.

• L
    Beginner February 2013
    lucyluvy ·
    • Hide content

Other half has had a look at the reviews and thinks its high risk to break on us or people not to be able to conect to it and him having to help fix it (he is a bit of an IT geek Smiley smile

thanks for all your feedback ladies - really helpful

Lucy xxx

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I used picture blast for a photobooth. It was the first thing I knew I had to have when I got engaged. It was brilliant. Loads of comments on it and was kind of the entertainment. Guests loved it - they all got a great keepsake to take home from them and we got all the photos in our guest book and then later we were given the images on a dvd. They still make me laugh looking at them.

Plus it came with a box of props, silly hats etc. Good fun

x

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I used picture blast for a photobooth. It was the first thing I knew I had to have when I got engaged. It was brilliant. Loads of comments on it and was kind of the entertainment. Guests loved it - they all got a great keepsake to take home from them and we got all the photos in our guest book and then later we were given the images on a dvd. They still make me laugh looking at them.

Plus it came with a box of props, silly hats etc. Good fun

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics