Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

woowoo83
Beginner October 2013

Disposable Cameras - Yes or No?

woowoo83, 9 of July of 2013 at 08:46 Posted on Planning 0 22

I don't generally like the idea of disposable cameras however I've come across the little cards that you put on your tables which is like a checklist of photos for guests to take - I think this would be quite fun but I'm still not sure if it's worth it. Has anyone used disposable cameras and actually got any decent photos from them that made it worth doing?

22 replies

Latest activity by MrsBeckiW, 10 of July of 2013 at 09:43
  • ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

No I think they are a waste of money and you'll get very few (if any) decent photos from them - that's if you even decide to get them developed (two of my friends who had them didn't bother in the end)

The only 'list of photos to take' type things I've seen is for children, not for guests.

Now that most people will take photos on digital cameras / iphones etc. You'll be able to see these casual guest shots which will be better quality than disposable cameras.

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

It was like an ;eye spy' type thing I've seen and it had things like 'picture of the bride playing with her ring' 'picture of the best dancers' and other things like that, I know when I've been to weddings where disposable cameras are, I've never used them. I think I've already talked myself out of this idea! It's just one more thing to pay for and worry about!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it depends on when you put them out. I know someone who put them out for the evening do, some cameras went missing and the others were mostly full of rude or 'what on earth is that' photos. For the photos she had from them, it worked out quite expensive (don't forget you have to pay to get the film done afterwards)

However I think if they were out for a wedding breakfast for example, people wouldn't have drunk so much and may take more care with what they're taking.

Beginner August 2013
    *PrincessMeMa* ·
    • Hide content

I've just had some photo scavenger hunt challenge cards made up. I've also opened a photo bucket account so our guests can upload the pictures to it. I've added the details to the cards.

I'll flash later as I'm on my phone at mo x

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I was considering putting disposable cameras on the table but the things that put me off were 1. 95% of people have a camera or camera phone 2. You would probably get 2 or 3 good pics at most per camera the rest will no doubt be full of people pulling faces / the floor / or things you really don’t want to see.

I am still toying with the idea of putting blank disc’s on the table for people to put their pictures on and send back to us.

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could still do the cards on the tables just don't give out the disposable cameras - almost everyone has a camera now - just pop an email at the bottom of it asking the guests to send them back to you after the wedding. Just word it in such a way that people know to use their own cameras - it could make for some interesting pics!

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

That's a really good idea actually, thanks, I've re-looked at one of the ones I found on Pinterest and this is actually geared to people using their own cameras, I just didn't read it fully, so I think I might do something similar, maybe in the same style as our invites.

http://pinterest.com/pin/348043877423383099/

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

'No' to disposable cameras.

'No' to standard I Spy cards for all the guests. You'll end up with 100 photos of the bride playing with her ring (unfortunate phrasing). Might work if you prompt creativity - 'take a photo of the people at your table'. But then I'd feel like I was being bossed around into the role of photographer. I'd feel obliged to do it, then obliged to send you the photos - that kind of takes the joy out of it for me...

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

No to disposable cameras, you'll get better and free photos off their iphones tbh

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

No, waste of money.

Buy more flowers!

• D
    Beginner September 2013
    Doddyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I've got some, but really only for the kid's goodie bags, and ONLY because I managed to pick some up at a bargain price - I don't want them back for developing though haha!!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Definitely no, especially if you are paying for a professional photographer. I heard that you just get dodgy blurry shots. Some people use them for children to have a bit of fun with but again what sort of shots are you going to get? And the cost to get them developed probably isn't worth what you will have in front of you.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

We had them on each table and theyre still at home in our card box waiting for us to get the photos developed. ?

Beginner August 2013
    *PrincessMeMa* ·
    • Hide content

This is what we've had made... and match our other stationary

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the responses - it seems that disposable cameras are a definite no! I think I will go with the 'eye spy' type thing though, asking people to use their own cameras and then send the pictures to us after. Thanks Princess MeMa for showing me what you're having, I think we'll do something similar, tying it in with our wedding stationary.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

As someone who had disposable cameras (mainly as a way to keep children entertained), I feel the need to say that we have about 10-12 photos that no-one else got from those cameras that we like, so I'm glad we did in the end. But when you look at the cost, it was fairly expensive for those pictures.

• Leedsbride2015
    Beginner May 2015
    Leedsbride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Im not having them, everyone who i know that had em still havent had them developed! x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We had them developed but they were crap quality, don't bother. OHs little nephew enjoyed his 'secret agent' mission list of things to 'get evidence' of though.

• EmmaM88
    Beginner July 2014
    EmmaM88 ·
    • Hide content

Nope will put an email address on thank you cards

OH will also be telling his friends who are good with cameras to take as many pics as poss on day

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I'd say no! Get your guest to download an app on to their smarts phones before the day and then that will allow them to take pics that automatically upload to your profile! I'm doing this with my wedding website can't remember what it's called at the moment!

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

PinkButterfly I love that idea!

My OH and I were toying with the idea of giving out some wifi sd cards (expensive!) but this could work.

I've had a google and there are some that charge but some seem free. At least if it's free and no one uses it your aren't losing anything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics