Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Savvy May 2024 Bedfordshire

Divorce decree absolute

Sarah, 26 of February of 2024 at 16:16 Posted on Planning 0 8
My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come on some sort of official paper?

8 replies

Latest activity by Jelly, 29 of February of 2024 at 07:02
  • Clare
    Beginner March 2024 Derbyshire
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    It has to be the original decree absolute on the court letter headed paper they provided it on, it can also be an official court issued copy. They won’t accept digital or photocopies
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Clare,
    I just noticed that at the bottom of the letter it says HMCTS Digital Divorce, on looking this up it seems in 2021 some courts went paperless which explains why he only received this by email rather than in physical format.
  • Clare
    Beginner March 2024 Derbyshire
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s interesting they weren’t doing digital versions in 2018 when I received my decree absolute. I guess you’d need to ask your registry office what they’ll accept.
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya mine was sent electronically but I was able to log in and print PDF of my decree absolute from HM courts and tribunals service (from 2018) I did not know my password but it reset fine. Think they will give you a copy if contacted though.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we were able to print it, but do you mean if we contact them they will send us a copy printed on official paper? The email theyve got on there is divorcecase at justice dot gov uk.
  • S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I assume they will take the print as it will contain the official letter heading but if not they will send you one mine has the same email address to contact of require a copy
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thank you sounds straight forward then, fingers crossed they will accept the printed version! X
  • J
    West London
    Jelly ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, while some accept printed digital decrees, requirements vary. Contact the registrar to confirm if a printed copy is sufficient for their office. They'll have the most accurate and up-to-date information.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics