Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2016

DIY Bouquet

MrsRees2B, 8 of November of 2015 at 10:56 Posted on Planning 0 15

Has anyone made or are planning to make their own flowers? I'm going to as cannot afford real or ready made artificial. Any advice would be gratefully received. I've watched videos on you tube and found a supplier so it's just the actual making of the bouquets I need advice on.

15 replies

Latest activity by Intra, 1 of June of 2021 at 17:50
  • M
    Beginner April 2016
    Mogf ·
    • Hide content

I had exactly the same question, there were a few replies on my thread from lovely ladies with their examples. I have just ordered some flowers and am planning on doing a hand tied bouquet, pretty and simple. I've given myself lots of time to check the quality of flowers and mess around to find the perfect arrangement.

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I've making my own bouquets. I'm having ribbon flower and brooch bouquets and ribbon flower button holes, I also am using ribbon flowers on my pew ends,

I spent ages looking at videos. Then spent a few months on and off making my flowers, I'm all done now but waiting a bit before I start arranging them, there fiddly but after a while you kind of get in the zone. There not as hard as they look.

If you do decide to make ribbon flowers I found single sided ribbon was better as double was to thick to fold nicely. I found it was cheeper to buy my bits from eBay and I bought a little at a time as I didn't want to over buy (I still have lots of ribbon left over but I'm using it for my nbunting)

Above are some of my flowers. Below are the boys button holes

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

My mum is making mine from fabric Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

They look good padbin I may have a go with some ribbon I have in to see if I can make on then buy more supplies.... I've become so indecisive with this whole wedding thing lol tonight I've been looking at saving myself the hassle and comparing ready made ones cheapest I could find was £165 which isn't bad but was foam roses which I don't really want. I've tried paper flowers now will give ribbon ones a try.

• Beckcible
    Beginner August 2016
    Beckcible ·
    • Hide content

There are lots of videos on youtube that can help you put together your own bouquet Smiley smile

Personally I thought about doing this but what I've finally settled on it doing the reception flowers our self (just lots and lots of gypsophilia and assorted flowers in teapots around the place!) and getting my own bouquet done professionally along with the bridesmaid bouquet and button holes. I couldn't trust myself to do a decent job plus I thought I deserved a nice bouquet for my wedding day!

• Janey999
    Beginner September 2015
    Janey999 ·
    • Hide content

We grew our own flowers too!

a bit of preplanning was needed but between my husband and my mum we had a lovely selection. I bought some ribbon which had 'to have and to hold' written on it and made a hand tied sunflower bouquet. My 2 bridesmaids tied theirs with ribbon and lace.

We we also had loads of flowers for the jugs on the tables and it all fitted in beautifully with our random, relaxed vintage tea party theme and cost us hardly anything. Also hubby was chuffed with his fab wedding flower nurturing!

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

I'm making paper flowers for my bouquets.

Here is a progress shot

I am wrapping each flower around a BBQ skewer and stabbing it into a polystyrene ball. I was going to use flower foam/Oasis or what ever it's called but I read some scary stuff about what it's made from so I went with polystyrene.

I saw some on skewers that were tied together in a small posey like this.

credit

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Tried some origami flowers and spiral flowers last night not too bad may make them in to bouquets with one of those oasis handles

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm impressed.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I've just discussed with bridesmaids we're going to buy a glue gun and have a production line!

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I love the paper flowers, especially the origami ones. Getting the bridesmaids to help is a great idea. I'm doing that when glueing and filling our faour box's.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Just found this online, might help: http://apracticalwedding.com/2011/04/how-to-make-a-wedding-bouquet/

good luck!!!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

If you want to try brooches or buttons I have a couple of tutorials here

https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/instructions-on-how-to-make-a-brooch-bouquet.html

https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/instructions-on-how-to-make-a-button-bouquet.html

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Super flowers are genius!!

• Kat Furlong
    Beginner October 2016
    Kat Furlong ·
    • Hide content

Paper*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles