Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

DIY Candy Buffet

Shely, 3 of November of 2013 at 09:57 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi all. Just starting to plan my candy buffet. Does anyone know a good site for buying Victorian style glass jars that is reasonably priced? I have also looked at plastic varieties but am just not sure. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Shel x

13 replies

Latest activity by Shely, 4 of November of 2013 at 21:06
  • Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I bought the plastic ones, 12 for £18. They look plastic, they are plastic but they were cheap and cheerful, they'll be full of sweets and they won't get broken. Nobody is going to notice anything apart from the goodies inside.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm actually going round little home stores / charity shops etc to pick up some bargains.
    I usually recommend ebay but I haven't bought any jars off there yet as majority I see have high postage costs but may be worth a look just incase, some do pick up only and may have some near you. Places like b&m are good too for little bargain jars & bowls etc Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrsdsoon ·
    • Hide content

I was lucky and managed to get all mine on ebay local to me, but i have seen some gorgeous glass ridged sweet jars big ones in Home Bargains at the moment for £2.50 !! actually bought two more for our candy bar even tho we already have 12 ! lol

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Thanks :-) i never thought about the likes of home bargains or b and m's. I shall go look this week. Excited.com!

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

Definitely check out Home Bargains if you have one nearby, I bought glass Kilner style jars from there last year for £1.50-2.50 depending on size and have seen similar in there regularly since.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Oh brill thanks. Shall definitely get some of the bon bon ones especially :-)

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    JHenson1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Shely, do you have a b&m by you? I got ghese from mine. 99p small and 2.99 big

• B
    Beginner January 2015
    blondejenius ·
    • Hide content

I have just ordered mine from Amazon. £4.99 for the big ones and £2.99 for the small.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009H1FJYU/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Ribbed-Glass-Candy-Jar/dp/B009H1FJA4/ref=pd_bxgy_kh_text_y

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sezwest ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from ikea. £18 for 12 jars!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sezwest ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from ikea. £18 for 12 jars!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I was planning on using bowls rather than jars, would this be allowed because of food hygiene?

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Hi jhenson123. They look brilliant. I am going after work tomos to b & m and home bargains. They are what im looking for exactly :-)

Miss toffee. I shall use some bowls as well with scoops and tongs provided. I may put wrapped sweets in them.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Thanks sezwest. Ikea is on the list also. :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics