Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

DIY Candy Cart - Help Please :D

cl10, 17 of November of 2011 at 09:41 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all ,

My OH has just finished building our own candy cart but we cant find the wheels to put on them, he's suggested those garden wall ones but I don't think that's going to work Smiley sad does anyone know what type of wheel is used and where to find them please ?

And also how much sweets do you think we need for 100 guests , I'm a bit worried that we might just go overboard there haha!

Thanks!

6 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 21 of November of 2014 at 13:01
  • Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Never seen an actual candy cart but have you tried the tip yes i said it, as you can get wheels of all shapes and sizes there that may be suitable give them a good clean and off you go plus your doing your bit for the environment lol as for sweets i hav bought 9 centrepeices for my tables that have 65 packs of sweets on each which works out 2-3 packs of 5 sweets each guest this will do for 120 guests and any left will be moved to a table for the evening guests, not much help im afraid x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

As usual good old ebay has wooden wheels is there anything they don't have lol

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    sgreen ·
    • Hide content

I'd say make some. They only need to to look nice for the day, and don't need to be super strong.

I've watched them make them on timeteam and it looks quite basic.

• B
    Beginner September 2016
    bluemoonbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Did your OH follow any plans? If so, where did he get them from?

Thanks

Karen

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I have made a few candy carts and you are right about the hanging garden wheels, they are ok if you don't have them turn but just for show they will be ok, I made the wheels in the end by making a template then running a router around the template?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

This thread is over three years old - seems unlikely the OP will still be on here...although you never know.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Oops?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics