Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

DIY ice cream bar!

McHelenz, 4 of February of 2015 at 18:33 Posted on Planning 0 6

So, I thought i'd do something different than a sweet cart and do a ice cream bar Smiley smile

I have some ideas of how to do it - but has anyone ever done or experienced this? I really wanted a vintage ice cream van but at nearly 400 pounds for just a few hours I thought i could do something more budget friendly x

6 replies

Latest activity by celticcurl, 4 of February of 2015 at 21:08
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

My OH wanted a DIY milkshake bar to begin with, but it worked out to be so impractical. I can't really imagine a way of DIYing with ice cream unless you bought lots of mini tubs and things like cornettos and just had a little chiller/fridge plugged in somewhere? Although you'd need to double check that the venue would allow this as usually if anything needs plugging in they'll need to see insurance certificates etc. If you were prepared to risk it you could leave until very short notice. I know a few of our couples have done this and got good deal on ice cream bikes.

In the end we decided to go for slush puppies instead. Unlimited servings for 2 hours with someone to serve for £126- seemed like a bargain and my OH was happy with that!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

Im gonna see if our venue has a chest freezer or something and work out something from there Smiley smile Going for something a bit like this, by some cheap jars with pick and mix and get some sauces. But yea, It might become a complicated idea that i might need to stop running with haha.

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Does anywhere rent those 'mr whippy' machines - like the one you get at the pizza hut ice cream factory? That would make it easier, then you just have loads of different toppings and sauces?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yes! Don't know how you'll sort the practical side of it, but my best mate did this at a BBQ and it was amazing. Just plain vanilla ice cream with sauces, smarties, m&ms, etc, it was so good ☺

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

Maybe we will be buying lots of bags of ice and cool boxes haha.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I'm having one. it's being served from the coffee bar by a member of the venue staff. there is a freezer behind the coffee bar. I'm making a menu with the choice of flavours to stand on the bar and people can choose whatever they like. There will be a selection of toppings, along with fruit salad and meringue. Ice cream is my OH favourite thing so I'm organising this for him.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics