Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

DIY music playlist help

28 of July of 2014 at 09:26 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello

We are considering doing our own playlist for our wedding, rather than having a DJ. There are several playlist-creation services out there that let you download the playlist to play in offline mode.

Has anyone tried one of these services (for a wedding or any party) who can give me a quick review? Negative reviews as welcome as positive ones.

3 replies

Latest activity by MrsToffee, 28 of July of 2014 at 16:03
  • bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pawsbuck. I did a little playlist for my work wrap party recently. I used Spotify to do the Playlist, and then we used a Sonos system to play it. It worked really well. I added all the songs (only a couple were unavailable) and then you tell it to play it in a loop when it reaches the end so it never stops.

My only suggestion if you are going to do that and not have a DJ or anything, you might want to ask guests for their favourite party songs, or any requests in advance so that you can ensure there is something on it for everyone.

Good luck!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I would of said spotify too, I love it! Adding songs to a playlist is so easy and organising all your playlists too.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

FYI for those planning to use Spotify:

You can only organise your playlists on Spotify if you're using a computer - mobile devices (i.e. the app) and the web version won't allow you to change the order of tracks - though if you change the order of the tracks on your computer then it will sync up with your mobile device ... currently a pain in the wotsit for me as I need to put some playlists together for our wedding; we don't have a PC at home and my one at work doesn't have admin rights to let me install Spotify!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I find Spotify rather annoying because of the ads although I don't know if these disappear if you have the paid-for version. Grooveshark is an alternative although I'm unsure as to whether they have an offline option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics