Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShropshireLass
Beginner April 2014

DIY photo booth

ShropshireLass, 14 of February of 2014 at 12:54 Posted on Planning 0 13

Has anyone done one?

We did write off the idea of a photo booth initially but now I'm thinking I'd quite like to have one, however with a little less than 2 months to go and most of our budget earmarked for all of our other suppliers etc, we can't afford to hire a 'proper' one.

If anyone has a list of things I'd need etc or any ideas of how to diy, I'd be very grateful! Smiley smile

13 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 16 of February of 2014 at 09:08
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I did one for OH's 30th and it was EXPENSIVE to buy all the bits and bobs (I bought wigs, glasses, hats etc) - I'd thought I'd sell it all as a package afterwards on ebay but everything got wrecked/lost/taken (lads wandering out of the party at 2am with Dame Edna glasses and a nurses hat on, I didn't have the heart to stop them!)

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Im just getting a cheap Polaroid off of eBay and have an antique frame that I've jazzed up. Going to have an evening with the bridesmaid where we make cheap cardboard props.

I would have loved a proper one but there is no space in the venue and I couldn't justify the £500 for one!

x

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Miss2MrsinMay ·
    • Hide content

I spotted something like this on eBay the other day:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WEDDING-PHOTO-BOOTH-PROPS-ACCESSORIES-KIT-10-PIECE-/161220334305?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item25897b12e1

Plus a backdrop and maybe polaroid camera or borrow a camera from someone? Although this could be dangerous due to drunk people!!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I've never understood the point of a photo booth.

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

We did a DIY one for OH mum's 80th.

I brought a bunch of bamboo skewers and cut various moustaches, lips and glasses out and then decorated as necessary (the flaming glitter is still in my carpet!). i also dragged out our old fancy dress stuff (hats, wigs, masks etc) and borrowed a few bits. I also cut out some large arrows and cut out lettering for them, such as "i'm with Stupif", "cute", "wasted" and a few large signs and speech bubbles for people to hold up (saying things like Happy 80th, I only came for the beer etc). I also brought some cheap plastic tiaras and other cheapy things from the pound shop.

But I am lucky enough to own a silhouette cameo cutting machine and a glue gun so the job was much easier for me! Have you got any friends that can lend you dress up stuff? Maybe an old photo frame or two? Have a look at these links, they sell props fairly cheaply:

http://www.weddingmall.co.uk/cameras/photobooth-props/p59253.html?gclid=CMykzqWizLwCFQKWtAodBH8ApQ

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/product_detail.asp?ProductID=POPAPHOT&src=gbase&utm_source=google&utm_medium=googlebase&gclid=CNfFrKaizLwCFTMPtAodDmkATg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/170980940561?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

hth x

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Oh and we set up someone as photobooth director (a 13 year old relative) to take the pics with my digital camera. We then shared them on facebook for people to see.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

Me and OH made a diy backdrop frame out of PVC pipe and joints from b&q on Tuesday..it cost us £16 for the parts all in. I've been buying lots of random props for months from poundland and I'm using my old floor length turqouise curtains as the back drop on the frame. My friend is going to spend an hour or so snapping my evening guests. However I had previously in the past advertised on gumtree for an amateur/ enthusiastic photographer to earn £50 for 2 hours taking non professional snaps in my diy photobooth and got a huge response! You should go for it Smiley smile

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.housewifeeclectic.com/2013/07/photography-backdrop-stand-tutorial.html

you can find instructions here!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all replies!

Our DJ has given us the option of evening photography...although it won't be on the same scale as our daytime photographer, it's only an extra £90 so think we'll just go with this & maybe buy a few props/funny signs etc.

It's just so we can get some photos of everybody who's there having a laugh etc as there will lots going on and obviously we won't see it all happening, just a way of capturing the bits we miss!

• NeonEvents
    NeonEvents ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For every couple, some things are more important than others. For some it may be the venue, others the food or the dress. Then for some, it's the entertainment. A booth is an excellent way to keep guests of all ages entertained.

Regards, Jo

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im having one purely because our photographer is only staying up until the meal.we are having a small amount of day guests so we have a lot of family coming to just the evening. My thinking was that at least I would get some pics of my evening guests too !

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting a vintage booth made (like the photo below). I have bought a vintage suitcase and lost of props from eBay:-

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We're very lucky and our tog added a photo booth on for an additional £100 (although I believe they've since put their prices up).

Could you see whether your tog has this facility?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics