Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2016

DIY sweet cart vs Hiring a wedding cart?

Lauren.sam16, 8 of September of 2014 at 21:33 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all Smiley smile

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on DIY sweet stall vs hiring a wedding cart? My wedding is coral (colour) theme and I thought saving money we should DIY it and incorporate coral- unsure if it would actually work out cheaper In the long run though! just hope my OCDness won't take over and I'll spend half the night picking gummy bears off the floor Smiley smile!

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by miss_winter14, 10 of September of 2014 at 19:31
  • S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We are not doing a cart but so far ours is a lot cheaper to DIY it, will be about £30 in total - just the cost of the sweets from costco. Have to decorate the jars but got a very kind donation of jars, scoops tongs etc which helps massively - we actually weren't going to do one at all before that.

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we was going to DIY our sweet cart however I found it would be cheaper and less stressful just to hire one instead. Luckily our venue has one we have hired off them so made things a lot easier for us.

Our colour scheme is black so we're putting black bunting on the cart to incorporate it in.

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was going to DIY a sweet cart as it I figured it would be easier but after I saw one set up and had a chat with the lady who runs it I realized that its a lot less stress to hire one, plus it looked so pretty and professional
    You won't have to worry about setting it up, re-filling jars, tidying up etc etc

It works out a tiny bit more expensive (in my experience) but for me it'll be worth every penny!

x

• L
    Beginner May 2016
    Lauren.sam16 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your feedback, especially where we are having a vintage theme I think having a car could add to to it all! Especially with how much space we have if anything were struggling to fill the room! Thanks all! Smiley smile

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Cheapest quote we had was £200, diy cost me £90 and i'm selling the jars which is recouping some of that loss. venue set it up, venue kept it filled and then venue boxed it all up for us to collect. and it matched my theme perfectly because i used offcuts of things used in other parts of the wedding to decorate.

not a big fan of the carts personally- they always look a little out of place to me though can't pin point why........probably because i'm quite weird lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics