Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sarahb3426
Beginner June 2012

DIY Sweet Table....

sarahb3426, 19 December, 2010 at 19:18 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi ladies,

Just thinking of the above, we are going to do our own sweet table, but want to do this in time for the evening guests as well as our day guests and am now wondering how much I will need?

We are looking at having around 150/200 in total for evening.

Am wondering how many jars I would need/how many sweet bags and how much sweets to buy?!?!

Any ideas would be greatly received!!

Thanks...

15 replies

Latest activity by sarahb3426, 7 February, 2011 at 09:09
  • S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Wud love to know what ppl say for this. i am going to do the same. we have 60 guests. and were going to go to macro to get the sweets

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Hmm sorry to be of no help...i would have no idea how much you would need. Although i will be visiting Makro for our sweets. I guess it depends what you want to put the sweets in?

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls,

these are the jars am thinking of having, £1 in Asda (thanks Flowmojo) so just wondering how many I may need?! I dont want to not get enough and we run out really quickly.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    Spells2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

you can get jats similar to the above for 59pence at IKea.

Just bought six, but have no idea how many sweets I will need! Want lots of haribos!!!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, there cheap! think a trip to Ikea may be in order at some time next year!!

Not sure what sweets we want, but Haribos will certainly be making it on the list!!!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

As we're both children of the seventies, we're planning on 'retro sweets' like the candy shrimps, white chocolate mice, flying saucers, blackjacks, love hearts etc etc on our sweet table.

We're using Bookers but apart from that I'd guess all pretty similar to what everyone else is doing.

We'll over-cater because, let's face it, it's not like they'll go to waste afterwards is it..?

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

?as 70s kids ourselves, we are having the same as AJ, flying saucers, love hearts, black jacks etc, , , , I'm making sure I over buy just incase I don't get chance to indulge on the day, , , , , haha

xx Bev

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

We had a sweetie table at our wedding. It went down a storm and there was hardly anything left by the end of the night. We got all our sweets from makro and spent about £80-£90 on them. We got the jars from asda. Think they were on offer at the time. We ended up with abut 12 jars and a few bowls. A few of the sweets, we left in the packaging. Sweets like blackjacks and fruitsalads.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Cosmo, you have upset me now, saying there were hardly any left, , , , haha

Fingers crossed we are making bowls out of old records, we are having a few jars though because you can't put unwrapped sweets straight onto the vinyl, , ,

Bev xx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I think youl need a selection of jars and vases, cant rember whos pic this is but someone here mocked this up:

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Flow,

Was thinking of getting the jars you seen in Asda and then maybe some bowls also, some scoops and paperbags, but the pic you posted looks cool, may invest in a few more different jars etc to lay them out! x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

i think your right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking 50g each per guest but a HIB on here suggested her professional sweety buffet provided 120g each.

To get an idea, the large bags of Haribo you could get in Tesco's are 160g.

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your input - thought this thread was lost! he he

Kayl, think I will go down the route of trying to get roughly 120g per person to make sure we do have enough.

FLow, will defo go for different types of bowls, vases, jars etc etc, try and make it look interesting!

thanks all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics