Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

michellethekiwi
Beginner September 2013

DIY Table Decorations and invitations

michellethekiwi, 1 February, 2012 at 15:13 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all

My wedding is next year so have quite some time to plan etc. So I am hoping to make my invitations and table decorations. Has anyone else done this or have any ideas for both - any ideas / help would be appreciated.

6 replies

Latest activity by Victoria030384, 3 February, 2012 at 22:45
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing this too, do you have any colours/themes?

Some handy websites though:

For invites etc - https://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/

For decorations - https://jardinfleurs.com

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Have hand made all mine and it took forever so i would advise you to start early, i mean months in advance rather then days like me!!! make sure you have a clear idea of exactly what you want before buying bits and pieces and deciding not to use them, like i did!!!

• michellethekiwi
    Beginner September 2013
    michellethekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies - will check them out. We 're not getting married until Sep 2013 so I have a bit of time up our sleeves. I'm frm NZ originally and my H2B is english so we are trying to combine both countries together!

I also can't get my ticker to work - any help on that?

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

I have started buying plain vases and decorating them with glitter glue (believe it or not, I don't think it looks as tacky as it sounds, and it looks personal). My theme is fairytale/disney princesses and each table is named after one (Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, etc.) and I have taken a quote from each film which I am writing on the corresponding vase. I have designed my invitations on my computer and then printed a couple and experimented with diamantes and glitter glue (you may see a theme emerging). I have until next June so lots of time to experiment.

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    Victoria030384 ·
    • Hide content

I am also doing a lot of things myself - partly because I wont pay a fortune for someone to do something I can do myself and partly because I want to do it myself. I am a crafter anyway and have made 3 sets of wedding invitations for friends and family already. Some of these have been very elaborate but what i want is something very simple and un-fussy - much to my mums horror! I plan on doing my save the dates before easter and making my invites in the summer ready for our wedding in Aug 2013. I know from experience you need a LOT of time to do invitations! I am also doing my own sweetie buffet, favours, table decorations and making and decorating my own cake! Oh and i have just decided to make my little bridesmaids button bouquets too!!! So lots to do but i cant wait to get started!

• Flawless Weddings
    Flawless Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Wow Victoria you are going to be SOOO busy!

It will keep you out of mischief though lol....

Are you going for flowers for your table centres or for something else? ? Maybe something buttony to match your bridesmaids?

• V
    Beginner August 2013
    Victoria030384 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to use some lovely Teal hurricane lamps we have seen in Sainsburys with a large pillar candle in. At £8 per table this is great and easy as we have 16 tables! Dont see the point of flowers as they cost a fortune and are useless after the day. Also with Teal as our colour they would have to be white and i wanted some colour on the tables.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics