Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner December 2010

diy table plan help please

anglefish, 25 March, 2010 at 15:33 Posted on Planning 0 12

I would love to do my own seating plan board thing but cant find where to buy the bits to make it with does anyone know of anywhere iv tried hobby craft but they have nothing TIA

12 replies

Latest activity by teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 25 March, 2010 at 18:13
  • HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I made mine myself, I broght the board from Hobbycraft, the backing paper from there too. Then I designed the rest on publisher and printed them on to pearlescent card, cut them out and hey presto!

I have seen some of the kits you can buy but tbh for the price you pay for them you might aswell have your table plan made professionally.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a dunelm mill near you? they have cheap canvases and a large craft area for paper etc.

I got my canvas from lidls! Decorated it myself, and ebay will never let you down, of course!

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

HI ya

I'm quite surprised you didn't find anything at Hobbycraft, that's the place I usually get everything I need for table plans. Howevr, The Range have an art section with mounting boards etc. What was it you were looking for though?

Teehee, I didn't know that about Dunelm I'll defo check it out next time I need to make one

Ruth

x.

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

My local Home Bargains has got massive canvasses and loads of art materials for about 1% of the cost of hobbycraft!! try there if you have one nearby?

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Some great ideas here girls, I needed to know this too, I will make one of these soon and will post pics...... ?

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

Try wilkinsons as well....they have big arts and crafts sections. and cheap!

also the range have LOADS of this sort of stuff but they're probably similar priced to hobbycraft.

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Wonder if anyone has made one that they can flashy a pic???

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a - The Range shope near you? If so they have a good selection of craft stuff.

I agree with geminibebe, it would be nice to see some ideas x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not going to be much help here but I hope to start mine tonight or by the weekend latest.

I bought a large A1 mounting board from Hobbycraft but have now decided its too big (plus its silver) and went and bought a canvas which is 50x70cm. Hopefully this will be big enough but once I sit down with some dimensions I'll see.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Heres ours..

canvas, collage, varnish and then the names etc...

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all very much lots for mw to look at thank you so much x

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

You can get these really neat photo sticky tape thingys instead of glue - won't show through or leak at all and very neat to use when sticking the table lists onto the background... x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Thats what I used aliaisp, great things.. sticky dots and sticky lines..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics