You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our latest help & advice.

Rachel
Newbie Bride July 2021 Suffolk

diy wedding hair: before or after makeup?

Rachel, 29 March 2021 at 21:46 Posted on Wedding Planning 0 10
Saved Save

Hi all!

I am planning to do my own hair for my wedding as I am doing something fairly simple, but it does require my hair being in heated rollers. My question is though, do I need to do my hair before or after my make up? Or should I just let my hair sit in rollers until my make up is finished? (my rollers turn off as soon as you put them in your hair, so there'll be no risk of burning Smiley smile )

TIA x

10 replies

Latest activity by Purple Girl, 5 April 2021 at 15:23
  • P
    Savvy Bride July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    Hi

Rachel
    I am.planning to do my own hair as well and will have it curly too loolI am planning to do my hair before my makeup.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Rockstar Groom January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·

Actually i see it done sort of all at the same time. The make up being done ( but not completely) as the hair is still in curlers then the hair is done and quite often there is then some finishing off of the make up afterwards. The hair is kept off the face for the make up otherwise you are moving the "done " hair to get to areas like forehead and so on.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message

That's what I thought too, that I'd keep my hair in rollers while make up was being done. If the rollers start cooling down once they are in my hair and I leave them in for the hour while my make up is being done, then I can only imagine it means my curls will just become more set. Trial and error I guess, there's not much else to do right now Smiley smile

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message

Hi Purple Girl,

It's good to know it's not just me taking on this stressful task! Good luck with doing yours, I hope it turns out ok and that you have a lovely day Smiley heart

• P
    Savvy Bride July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    View quoted message
    Thank you hun
    Hope yours turns out amazing too. I can't decide what kind of style to do. Think I will have some up some down. Got some time to decide haha
  • J
    Curious Bride December 2021 Oxfordshire
    Jenna ·
    Hi ladies!

I was wondering this too! Haha.
    I’ve decided to do both my hair and makeup. Eek!
    Going to treat myself to new brushes and makeup.
    Also not 100% sure on my hair.
    It’s below my shoulders. I was thinking of a curled ponytail and curling my fringe.
    Or a low side bun. I have a headband though so not sure if it would still work with a hair do on the side! X
  • Brooklynken
    Newbie Bride November 1960 Connecticut
    Brooklynken ·
    Hello how are you doing
  • S
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Sarang ·
    Hi how r you
  • D
    Missouri
    Dany ·

I'd go for hair first, it seems you know how to use those rollers well enough to not damage your hair while doing your make-up. Good luck!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    View quoted message

Oh wow! Good luck, I hope it turns out lovely whatever you decide to do Smiley smile A curled ponytail sounds cute x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics